Prayers for our Children

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Trip 2 - Day 4 Do you have plans @ 2-4am EDT?

We visited with Ilya for about an hour today. It was another great visit full of laughs, smiles, hugs, kisses, walking...and more spit up on dad. So far I've been able to dodge that bullet but I know my day is coming!

We left the orphanage at 1:30 and spent the next THREE HOURS in Pasha's car trying to make it to a photo place to print some additional pictures for court tomorrow. I was getting pretty nervous with all that time sitting in traffic because we were supposed to meet with our court translator "N" to go over what to expect to have happen tomorrow. As it turned out, she too was stuck in traffic so she ended up meeting us in our apartment at 5:30. It only took about 40 minutes to go over everything we needed to know, and she gave us a homework assignment to write our speeches. Ugh... This was NOT a fun task and I truly hope that what we prepared will "wow" the judge.

After "N" left, we met Ron at Pushkin Square and the 3 of us walked over to the TGI Friday's on Arbat for dinner with: Emily, Dave & baby Zach; Denise, Mike & baby Joshua; and Dana & Aaron. It was wonderful to meet finally meet everyone in person and Mike really helped to put my mind at ease regarding court. So thank you Mike for everything you said tonight! Your son is beautiful and we were so impressed with how well he did with all the excitement at the restaurant!


It was pouring when we left TGIF, and Norm, Ron & I had a pretty long walk ahead of us. The wind was unrelenting as well and I got back to the apartment a popsicle. Here's an example of how soaked we got!




So, court for Dana & Aaron is at 10am Moscow time tomorrow, and ours is at 11am. If you find yourself unable to sleep, you could lift up a few prayers for all of us between 2-4am EDT, as that is the time frame of Dana's hearing starting and ours ending.

THANK YOU EVERYONE for your support, encouragement and prayers. It's hard to believe that in 12 hours, 12 years of hopes and dreams of becoming parents could be reality for Norm & me!

Paka,
Karyn & Norm

9 comments:

Dede said...

That picture at TGIF sure brings back memories. I'm glad you are feeling more comfortable about court. I'll be looking forward to tomorrow's picture of the proud new parents!

ana said...

Definitely praying for things to go smoothly tomorrow. Can't wait to read your blog and see that you're officially his parents!

Shannon said...

I'll definetly be saying prayers for you in hopes that all will go well in court tomorrow. I also can't wait to read the next post in your blog with a picture of the proud parents. Take care and best wishes for a successful day in court.
Shannon

Kevin T. said...

Hi Karyn, I am so excited for you guys that you soon will be celebrating! We are praying for you - You will do great. What a great picture of you all - It looks like you had a great time! All the Best!! Teresa

Troy and Rachel said...

Looks like you had a great dinner even if you got soaked on the way back! Glad you have dodged the spit up so far but I'm sure it won't last! Good luck tomorrow!

Beth said...

So excited for your day tomorrow - can't wait to see the proud parents post! Glad you were able to meet up with everyone and get a better idea about court, you sound more relaxed and I am sure it will go well! Stay dry :)

Becky and Keith said...

Just a few more hours until the big day! :-) You are most certainly in our thoughts. Love the picture from TGIF! Where are Emily, Dave and Zach? Can't wait to see you in just a few days!

Joy said...

I am here and ready to send one big fat prayer up to the one in charge. Am I the only one who is up at this hour? I hope that it is all going well.
Let me be the first one to say Congratulations!
Joy

Michelle R said...

It is 3:40 am and I am awake thinking about you all!
Just wanted you to know that yes, in fact, someone did wake up and start praying! I know all is going well, and I look forward to the photo of you both in front of the court house!
Michelle