Remember this post and how discouraged I was about the first appraisal of our house? (Scroll down a bit in the post to refresh your memory).
You may also remember in this more recent post that I mentioned the house was being reappraised (for the 3rd time no less!) on January 3. I asked for everyone to pray for that appraisal and those prayers were answered! Thank you, thank you!
We found out today that we have been approved for the HELOC which will definitely help us get Baby C home. Thankfully, as far as this is concerned “3rd times a charm” won over “3 strikes and you’re out.” I’m still researching fundraising ideas, and we are extremely grateful for any donations/contributions anyone feels led to give, but the HELOC is a nice cushion to have if we need it.
As long as I’m on a positive note, I should also mention that attorneys, at least the 13 in my office, do have hearts...and very compassionate ones at that! (Love you guys) They are going to a 4 day conference soon in Norfolk and are staying at a Marriott. They all joined the Marriott Rewards Program today and plan on donating/transferring their points to Norm & me to use on one of our trips to Russia. While this may not cover the entire stay, it will undoubtedly help lessen our lodging expenses. I would like to use these points for a portion of the trip and hopefully transfer to a Peace Travel apartment for the remainder of our stay. THANK YOU ALL AGAIN! For our upcoming trip to Asheville, we are also staying in the Renaissance and those points can be used in Russia as well.
In closing, our SW returns to the office tomorrow. I’m not sure I’ll get much sleep tonight because I’ll be praying for positive news regarding Judy’s fingerprints. As always, we're still inviting others to pray for a speedy and positive resolution to this issue as well.
Oh, and also tomorrow night is my first ever Mom’s Night Out with the FRUA DC chapter. We're headed to the Corner Bakery at the Fair Oaks Mall. Should be lots o’ fun (not to mention yummy)…
Wednesday, January 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I was going to suggest the Renaissance in Ashville. My hubby and I went there for our 2nd anniversary (we're in Atlanta, it's about a 3 hour drive for us) and it was a great hotel! Definitely research restaurants ahead of time. We didn't and had no idea where to go. Also, if the weather is good, plan on driving through the Blue Ridge. It's beautiful! You'll have a blast! Congrats on the appraisal and the Marriott points, that is wonderful!
Thanks Becky! I find it a little strange sometimes to pick a hotel online unless you know someone who has had a pleasant stay already. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the hotel so much. Asheville is a beautiful area - I can't wait to go back! Norm has never been and I know he'll love it. We're big outdoor enthusiasts and there is so much to do down there.
Thanks for the congrats on the appraisal & the points. They were both a very nice surprise!
What great news!
Post a Comment