Thursday, Jan. 3: House is getting reappraised. Prayers please!!
Saturday, Jan. 5: Our friend’s AWESOME band, 3am Panic, is finally playing again. You guys rock (literally!!)
Tuesday, Jan. 8: Two of the FABULOUS ladies from our equally FABULOUS agency will be in my area for a seminar. I get to meet them face-to-face and (perhaps) get one step closer to choosing one of their regions!! As important, I get to personally thank them for helping us bring our child home sometime this year. Love it!
**Update – their trip has been cancelled. BOOO!!!! Oh well, maybe by some small miracle we will have Judy’s fingerprints back this week & I can use Tuesday to have everything apostilled!! Probably not but I (and you! heehee) can still be prayerful about it.
Thursday, Jan 10: I was invited to my first ever (but hopefully not last) Mom’s Night Out sponsored by the FRUA DC Chapter. Love it!!
Friday, 1/11: I have a dentist appointment. Okay, not loving this one but I suppose it’s a necessary evil. Ugh…
Saturday, 1/26: FRUA Winterfest in DC. Love it!!
Also Saturday 1/26 – Chocolate Boutique - - YUM!! I am on the Women’s Ministry at our church and we get an evening of chocolate sampling for an upcoming event. Notice I scheduled the yucky dentist appointment BEFORE the chocolate boutique! Hee hee! Very smart on my part if I do say so myself.
Saturday 2/2: Comedy Night sponsored by our Women’s Ministry. I love, love, love to laugh so this should be great therapy!
Also, this morning I spoke with our health insurance just to confirm coverage for Baby C so there are no surprises once we get home. Good news - there is no “pre-existing condition waiver” in our policy. They consider the adoption of a baby the same as having a newborn. Yippee!! So, Baby C’s needs (if any) will be immediately taken care of. Hopefully we won’t have to worry about it but it is soooo comforting knowing this! Definitely loving this one!
And…I have a 4 day weekend coming up this month – woohoo! Friday, Jan. 18th is Lee Jackson day (or something that as a citizen of the Commonwealth of Virginia I am obligated to observe) and Monday, Jan. 21 is MLK Day. Any votes on where we should go??
And oh yeah, I almost totally forgot about this next thing. In one of my earliest posts I mentioned that, in addition to working full time in our Prosecutor’s office, I also work part time at my church as the Communications Assistant. That’s a fancy title for “putting together our weekly sermon bulletins.” (BTW – I love this job!) So, this evening I was preparing the bulletin for this weekend and the hymn below is one that will be sung at our 8:15 & 11am services on Sunday.
**NOTE – Stop reading NOW if you attend either the 8:15 or 11am EUMC service & don’t want the surprise to be spoiled!!”
Anyhoo, I found this hymn (and especially the 2nd and 3rd verses) really summed up this process known as International Adoption! Happy reading…
UM Hymnal #383 – This is a Day of New Beginnings
This is a day of new beginnings, time to remember and move on, time to believe what love is bringing, laying to rest the pain that’s gone.
For by the life and death of Jesus, God’s mighty Spirit, now as then, can make for us a world of difference, as faith and hope are born again.
Then let us, with the Spirit’s daring, step from the past and leave behind our disappointment, guilt and grieving, seeking new paths, and sure to find.
Christ is alive, and goes before us to show and share what love can do. This is a day of new beginnings; our God is making all things new.
In faith we’ll gather round the table to taste and share what love can do. This is a day of new beginnings; our God is making all things new.
So in summary, Yay me for all the fun stuff above. And for my fellow waiting parents, Yay Us for the YEAR of New Beginnings and the wonderful friendships we are making along the way!
Blessings to you all,
Kar

3 comments:
Definitely "Yay you"! I know you're bummed that C. and M. won't be coming up on the 8th, but it sounds like you've got some great stuff planned. I need to do the same. I've been spending so much of my waiting time on the computer! Getting out and about a little would be a good!
I agree with your thoughts on adoption timing. The little set backs enable us to adopt the perfect child planned by God in his timing, so there is no need to worry about things we cannot control. Not that waiting is easy, but I guess we must rely on God and trust him that his plan is perfect for us.
Love the hymn. Thanks for posting!
You sure have a JAM packed month!!! I think that the chocolate sampling will be the BEST event of them all. :-) Great thinking scheduling post-dentist. A girl after my own heart. :-)
Post a Comment