I'm sitting in a very nice Asheville hotel room, bummed and perturbed with the weather people who promised me this morning that it was going to be a beautiful weekend here. I know I heard them say, and read their reports of light snow flurries tomorrow morning but otherwise beautiful. Great! Or so we thought...
After driving 7 hours to get here, we find out that the weather may be so bad that C from our agency may not even be able to make it to the office to meet with us. Poor Ana & Russ had to cancel their plans to drive up as well. Yeah, it really stinks that we won't be able to meet them but they had also planned on dropping off some forms to C and now they will have to wait to do that as well. NO FAIR!!
So, Norm & I are deciding what to do. Do we check out of the hotel super early tomorrow to try & beat the storm? Or do we tough it out & hope that the storm somehow misses us? If we check out, is the hotel going to charge us for the 2nd night or will they give us some slack because of the weather?? And when do we get to meet Ana & Russ and thank them for their words of support and the friendship that we've developed on this journey?? Grrr....
All is not bad, though. I was able to watch my all time favorite show tonight, Dogtown on the National Geographic channel. I didn't know if the hotel would have this channel or not. Dogtown is a new program that features my all time favorite place to visit and volunteer - Best Friends Animal Sanctuary in Utah. If you want to learn more about the show or about how to make a real difference in the lives of others (both people & animals), check out their website at www.bestfriends.org. My trip there last March changed my life!!
Anyway, I'm to the point where I'm rambling & none of you should have to endure that. So I'll sign off for now. If by any chance someone is still up reading blogs tonight, please pray that the weather cooperates and we are able to meet C tomorrow as we planned!
Ana & Russ - we need to try this again sometime!
TTFN,
Kar
Friday, January 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
We really hope you got to meet with C. today. After driving all that way, you deserved to have the glorious moment of triumph of putting the dossier into her hands!
We definitely will find another time to meet up at some point!
Post a Comment