Great friends of ours, V&B, drove down from Maryland today to hang out and watch the playoffs. In fact, the Pats are still playing – GO PATS!! Norm’s from New England, so guess who we’re cheering for?
In true Judy fashion, she cooked enough food for a small army. I don’t think I’ll have to eat again until we have lunch with Ana & Russ in Asheville next Saturday. I am beyond stuffed…..
During lunch we gave V&B an overview on where we stand in the adoption process, and I proudly showed them the table in my office that is absolutely littered right now with our dossier documents. Documents that are longing to be apostilled on Tuesday!
Throughout the afternoon B made a few remarks about forgetting their checkbook at home but I didn’t pay much attention to her comment. After all, it’s not like we were going to charge them for lunch & dinner or expect them to leave Judy a tip! Anyway, come to find out B’s checkbook comments actually did have something to do with us...
V surprised us after dinner by pulling a wad of bills out of his wallet and handing them to Norm. He told us to use that money for apostilling our dossier on Tuesday, and to use the remainder for whatever else it would cover in the adoption. WOW!!!! I had tears in my eyes as V explained that they recently sold some furniture and other items on Craigslist, and they decided to donate those funds to getting Baby C home. I cannot thank them enough for their generosity!! Virginia unfortunately does not have a cap on apostilling docs for adoptive parents, so this unexpected donation will help us out tremendously.
Anyone who is reading this and is fretting about funds…please, please, please keep the faith and trust completely that somehow God WILL provide. He has gotten us this far and I know He will continue to see us through. We have been so fortunate that nearly every time we have faced some form of adoption expense and the funds weren’t just lying around, God has provided what we needed at that time.
I hated to see V&B leave tonight. I don’t feel like I said “thank you” enough times. I don’t know if I said it earnestly enough. I don’t even know if thank you is adequate. But I do hope they both know how much their generosity has touched us!! Again, all I can say is "wow"...
Saturday, January 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
What wonderful generous friends! What a blessing! I know exactly what you mean. Somehow the $$$ has been there for us as we have needed it, and I'm not exactly sure how that has happened. God provides, because his plan is for our children to come home!
I'm so excited you get to apostille on Tuesday!
What wonderful friends! It all does work out somehow. Have fun at the apostille office on Tuesday!
Post a Comment