Prayers for our Children

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

HS/Fingerprint Update

We didn’t hear from our SW yesterday as to whether or not her committee was able to review the HS pending Judy’s fingerprints. I sent her an email early this morning and then Norm followed up with her this afternoon.

Good News – the committee did approve our HS pending receipt of Judy’s fingerprints.

Semi Good News – the fingerprint lady (“FPL”) lives despite the fact that she hasn’t returned any of the phone calls from our SW. Unfortunately FPL doesn’t know where Judy’s fingerprints are, and told our SW she would get back to her by the end of the week to let her know (a) if FPL was able to find the fingerprints and (b) what the processing time will be if they are found. If they aren’t found, I have no idea what we’re going to do. Judy’s travel schedule is unpredictable right now & I don’t know when she’ll be in town to redo them, if that ends up being our only option. They say IA is not for the faint of heart…I am beginning to understand what this means. Right now so much is dependent on the fingerprints and it’s not like we can just “forego” this step.

On a slightly different note, we received not-so-good news this evening regarding the HELOC we applied for. Our house was appraised for far, far, FAR less than we know it is worth. We were not only offended by the appraisal, we almost had to laugh at it because it was completely ridiculous. Obtaining a HELOC from this particular lender is now out of the question and this evening I applied to another lender.

I’m sure I sound pretty discouraged right now. Yeah, I guess I am but I think I’m more confused than discouraged. A little while ago I was hiding in my office while Norm watched a show about “exotic foods” (read as DISGUSTING - as in still beating frog hearts… blech!!) when I stumbled upon, and found comfort in, these verses and Bible study notes:

Gen. 30:22 (NLT): Then God remembered Rachel’s plight and answered her prayers by giving her a child.

Life Application Study Bible Explanatory Note re Exodus 2:9 : "God doesn’t need much from us to accomplish his plan for our lives. Focusing on our human predicament may paralyze us because the situation may appear humanly impossible. But concentrating on God and his power will help us see the way out. Right now you may feel unable to see through your troubles. Focus instead on God, and trust him for the way out. That is all he needs to begin his work in you."

Life Application Study Bible Explanatory Note re 1 Samuel 13:11-13: "It is difficult to trust God when you feel your resources slipping away… When you know what God wants, follow his plan regardless of the consequences. God often uses delays to test our obedience and patience."

So for this evening, I leave you all with the following prayer requests: Please join us in prayer for the financial provision we need to make this adoption possible. Without the HELOC we are missing at least ½ of the funds we need to bring our child home. If God has other plans for financing our adoption, GREAT! But we need the wisdom to figure out what that plan is, and the resources to follow the plan. Also, I think we could both use a good dose of patience and peace knowing that this is all in God’s hands and WILL work out! And, of course, please pray that Judy’s fingerprints are found and returned to our SW as quickly as possible.

Until tomorrow,Kar & Tiger

1 comment:

ana said...

So sorry you've had such a discouraging day. I know it is very frustrating. Keep your trust in the Lord. He will provide. We will keep you in our prayers, and hope that you have better news very soon.