I work in my county’s Prosecutor’s Office. My co-worker’s are awesome and we all work so well as a team. I love knowing that, thanks to the amazing job each person in my office does day in and day out, my child is going to grow up in one of the safest counties in Virginia.
We prosecute defendants for their crime(s), they are sentenced to an appropriate amount of jail time, and we hope that during their sentence they turn their lives around. Some do...some do not. We have a nickname for Defendant’s who just don’t seem to “get it.” Our office and our Sheriff’s Office (“SO”) have come to know them as our “repeat customers.”
Despite the fact that Judy claims she has never received a parking or speeding ticket, has never been arrested, and as far as I know has never seen a jail cell FROM THE INSIDE, she is starting to feel like a “repeat customer” at our SO. (By the way Denise & Joan - - if Judy happened to “forget” to tell us anything from her past, feel free to chime in!!)
Anyway, as promised I drug Judy to the SO today for another round of fingerprints. Since I work so closely with these Deputies, it was actually a fun trip. They assured us that the condition of the fingerprints was very good and that there shouldn’t be any reason for them to be returned as “poor quality” or anything like that. I immediately took them to our SW and they should have gone out in the mail today. I made sure “expedite” was noted on them as well. Now we just need to pray that they don’t get lost in transit!!
On a different note, I’ve found a new hobby / means of therapy. Those of you who know me should sit down if you’re not already. I don’t want anyone falling over & getting injured when they read this. Ready? Here goes…
Yesterday evening & this evening I COOKED!! Okay, I actually baked but I was still in the kitchen doing more than washing dishes! Shocker, huh? My blogger friends don’t know what a disaster I am when I try to cook. They also don’t know that, until yesterday, Norm & Judy had banned me from doing anything more in the kitchen than walking through it or loading the dishwasher.
So what brought out my Betty Crocker side? Pet treats!
I found recipes for Merry Mutt Loaves, Papago Peanut Butter Treats and Tasty Tuna Tarts and decided to make them for my co-worker’s pets. My dogs are pawsitively drooling right now since my kitchen counters are littered (no pun intended) with treats for 26 dogs and 7 cats. Santa Paws will be making a special delivery tomorrow!
DISCLAIMER: No humans or pets were harmed in this experiment…Honestly!
Wednesday, December 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Karyn - Glad the fingerprinting went well. We are so alike -I am a non-cooker, too! When Nick is away, I try and scam dinner from my parents, so Luca has at least 1-2 meals in which he isn't asking."Is this chicken, Mommy?"
You sound a lot like me with cooking. I'm good at it, but I hate to cook. I tell Randy all the time that I am only thinking of the resale value for this house when I don't use the kitchen. When we go to sell it someday we can advertise the kitchen as being practically brand new since it gets used so little!
Post a Comment