Prayers for our Children

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Confessions of an Obsessed Paper Chaser

I’ve been obsessed, consumed, confused and overwhelmed with this wonderful (not!) stage of adoption known as the paper chase. Since October, I honestly don’t think I’ve left my house without carrying at least one – and sometimes 20+ - paper chase documents somewhere on my person.

The paper chase started with everything we needed to accumulate for our homestudy:




Continued on to what we collected for our dossier:


And ended today – YES ENDED! – with the apostilling of our dossier. Make sure you “ooohhh” and “ahhhhh” over all the pretty gold seals!


**Keep in mind that 99% of all of these folders contain 2 or more copies of the documents inside them!


This, folks, is what we will be able to hand deliver to C. on Saturday! After that, how will I ever find a way to spend my time?


(Note to self: When the adoption journey becomes bumpy again, which you know it will, remember how hard you laughed tonight as you tried to write this post. Remember Norm’s “dude….” moment. Remember that you were laughing so hard no sound was coming out but tears definitely were! Remember getting your hand stuck in the couch trying to dig out the projectile Reese’s. Oh, and also remember that Norm is CUT OFF from soda & sugar after 8pm!)

10 comments:

Joy said...

I just love the pictures of the Dossiers when they are ready to be sent to Moscow. When I am reading other blogs I think about how important this journey is to all of us.
I will pray that your Dossier makes to Moscow quickly and that it finds its way into a person's hands that will help you to find your little one very quickly.
Joy

Jodi said...

Congratulations! It does get overwhelming, but it looks like you're uber organized!! :)

ana said...

YAY! Love those beautiful seals! Congratulations on getting everything apostilled! I'm so glad that you didn't have any problems and that you 'll be giving your dossier to C. on Saturday! We're so excited about meeting you and celebrating with you!

Now you'll experience the post-dossier syndrome. You'll feel like you need to be working on some paperwork! This time of waiting seems to be the hardest, because the paperwork isn't there to fill the mind and the time. I've dealt with it by working on my to do list and my packing list every day! LOL

You'll be ready to start your packing list very soon!

Susan said...

Those are some beautiful apostilles!! Congratulations on getting your paperwork finished. Will someone be hand carrying it or will you trust DHL with it? We should be traveling on the 2nd and could carry it for you if that is not too late for you.

Tiger & Kar said...

Ana - Saturday can't get here soon enough! We're so looking forward to meeting you & Russ, and to also be able to turn in our dossier and hopefully have it go to Moscow soon. I'm hoping C doesn't find anything wrong with our docs!

Tiger & Kar said...

Susan - thank you for your kind offer! Considering how DHL handled your situation, I am very nervous about trusting them with anything. They also messed up some business packages for Norm the same week they lost your dossier, so needless to say I'm not very confident in them at all! I'll talk w/ C about our options when we meet her Saturday. I may just take you up on this!

Rob said...

Looks like you've got a great system going there, Ana! I think it'll surprise you how quickly things could move along for you from this point. "C" seems to have the gift for fast-tracking this stuff!

Beth said...

Love your apostilles, all that glittery gold! Congrats! Have a great time this weekend with Ana and Russ. Can't wait to hear about your time with C. too. We'd be happy to take your dossier over next weekend as well -we're leaving on the 26th.

Carey and Norman said...

Congratulations!! It is funny as I too had some document on me at all times. I carried a large folder that was with me at home, work, and the car! Glad I'm not the only one!

Deb said...

WOOHOO!!!! Congratz. Hoping the rest of the road is easier and quick.