Prayers for our Children

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

x3

Woo-hoo! I've been tagged - not once, not twice, but three times! I'm just a huge slacker and this is the first time I've had a chance to sit down & tackle these. Sorry taggers! As it turns out, both Meghan and Jodi book tagged me, so I'll do that one first. The rules are (drum roll please):

1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open to page 56.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the next 2 to 5 sentences, along with these rules.
5. Don't dig for your favorite book, the cool book, or the intellectual book. Pick the CLOSEST!
6. Tag five (or more) other people to do the same!

My closest book has been sitting on my desk since December 2005. When I received it, I read the entire book in 36 hrs. Norm read it in 48 - - a record for him!! I've never put this book in a drawer, nor on a bookshelf. It is 'The Strength of Mercy" by Jan Beazely, founder of All God's Children International. In the book, Jan chronicles her family's amazing journey to their daughter waiting for them in Romania. A journey that, much like mine & Norm's, could only have been orchestrated by God, and in God's timing. This book eventually gave us the courage to adopt from Russia. It was the first stepping stone that led us to Ilya, and for that I am forever grateful and humbled.

Anyway, here is the text on page 56:

"Ron was unusually quiet. Standing in front of the mirror applying the last of my makeup, I glanced over and noticed him sitting in the corner of the room. He was silently staring at the picture of Romona that I had taken from the refrigerator and tucked in my Bible.

Turning the photograph over and over in his hands, he seemed totally unaware that I was watching him. I turned back to the mirror, and in that moment, I heard Ron start to sob. I looked over to see him slumped over in the chair, tears streaming down his face. My husband was pleading with God. I heard him say "I can't fight this anymore. Why would You choose us? We blow it so often. I don't understand.""

Wow - - did any of you have similar feelings when you started your adoption journey? I know Norm & I certainly did!! Yes, we wanted to adopt but that first step - deciding to actualy DO it - was a terrifying leap of faith. One that I would absolutely do over again without hesitation, without second thought.

Now, I am supposed to tag 5 others. Enjoy sharing your book with us as well!
Robyn (my seestor) - even though you don't have a blog leave a comment here!
Beth
Susan
Ondrea
Dana

My answer to the 3rd tag will follow soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok I have to be honest. First closest book was the Excel Basic Workbook. So I took the 2nd closest..."learn to read...Phantom of the Opera" "I love you Christine" I said "Stay here with me for a few days. You will learn not to notice my mask. You will learn to know me. Then you may go." What have I learned? Don't judge a book by its cover; looks aren't everything? Thanks for including me!!!