Prayers for our Children

Friday, February 27, 2009

Quick little prayer request

The past 1-2 weeks I have had a pain in my left side associated with waves of nausea depending on how I moved. I thought I had slept wrong or pulled something picking up my little boy who seems to be going through a growth spurt. Last night, however, I noticed a lump/buldge on my left side that is both visible and palpable. About the size of a quarter or 1/2 dollar.

Due to my own (multiple eptopic pregnancies) and my family's medical history (my mom lost her battle with breast cancer in 2003), I went to the doctor this morning to have it checked out. They did bloodwork (results due back Monday) and have set me up with an ultrasound Monday afternoon. They are also considering CT Scans. In the meantime, I'm not supposed to pick Cubby up - - yeah right!!!

I'm a little concerned about all of this but I also know that God will not give me more than I can handle. Then again, I do have to drink 32oz of water prior to the ultrasound and HOLD IT until the procedure is complete. Don't these people know how little my bladder is??!! Talk about water torture. ;-)

With that said, I would still appreciate any prayers that can be lifted up for our family.

Thanks!!

Have a blessed day,
Karyn

21 comments:

Heather & Jason said...

Karyn,
You are and will be in my prayers for sure! So sorry you have to wait through the weekend to find out anything much. I'll be thinking of you and your little family all weekend!

Anonymous said...

i'll be praying for you and your family!

Anonymous said...

Karyn, my thoughts and prayers go out to you.

Tara

Susan said...

You've got them! I hope it's nothing serious.

Kim Abraham - Mom to the Fabulous Five! said...

Karyn, sending positive thoughts your way and prayers up to the Big Man! Hope everything turns out okay.

Dede said...

I'm sorry you have to wait until Monday to find out anything, that will make for a long weekend. My prayers are with you that this isn't anything serious.

Joy said...

You are in my prayers. You are so right that God will only give you what you can handle.
Joy

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

You're in my prayers! I know what you mean about "not picking up the baby!" Really, now! We've only waited for ever for that! But, seriously, be careful and know you're prayed for.

Amy said...

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers, Kar. Thinking of you... be well.

Ron and Dinia said...

Praying the weekend passes fast for you as you wait the test results.

EcoBabyBuys.com said...

my thoughts and prayers will be with you and your charming family.

Kevin T. said...

Karyn,
I am praying you hear that it is nothing serious. I am sorry you had to wait through the weekend. Take care of yourself!

Jodi & John said...

Karyn,
You are in our prayers. I know how hard the "not knowing" stage could be and it stinks that you have to wait all weekend. Good positive thoughts are coming your way.

Beth said...

Karyn - Sorry you have to wait the weekend for the test results. Lots of thoughts and prayers that it is nothgn serious. Please keep us updated.

AdoptaMama said...

Thoughts and prayers are headed your way.

Aaron & Dana Craven said...

You are in my prayers. Hope you can find some peace till Monday.

Carolynn and Steve said...

Just saw this---
Praying praying praying praying...
Holding you in my heart!
Carolynn

Over-Caffeinated said...

Ugh... praying for you girly.

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

How are you? Were you able to go yesterday in spite of the snow?? Hoping and praying for good news from Ilya's Mama!

Troy and Rachel said...

I'm a little late for the results, but I'm def. praying. Please keep us posted.

Melissa said...

Karyn,
Thank you so much for your kind words on my blog. I truly enjoy getting comments from new people, especially when they are so helpful. Your little boy is so adorable. I look forward to checking updates of him in the future.
Melissa and Colby