Prayers for our Children

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Some might call it Common Sense

I like to call it: Karyn’s Lessons Learned

1. When inserting contacts, it is more effective to first remove your glasses.

2. When installing a flush ceiling light fixture, no matter how afraid you are of ladders, it is not recommended you stand in a spinning chair with 2 very curious and extremely large dogs in the same room as said ladder-fraidy-cat, spinning chair and new light fixture. This is ESPECIALLY bad if you are named Karyn and the dogs are named Bailey & Bandit. And your husband isn’t home.

3. Unless you want to be really disappointed and grossed out, don’t use the same type of grocery store plastic bag to pack your lunch and clean out the cat’s litter box. You definitely don’t want to then mix the 2 bags up, thereby throwing away an awesome meal and bringing used cat litter to work for lunch. Ewwwww!!!

4. If an unnamed person has forgotten to buy moist cat food from the store the past four days, and has forced the finicky felines to dine on dry food only, it really isn’t safe for that unnamed person to eat a crabcake in front of the grumpy kitties knowing full well they still have all claws still intact.

5. Definitely DON’T post an entry like this on your blog if you aren’t ready for the world to see and know how much common sense you can sometimes lack!

I hope you’re all laughing at my expense because as they say, laughter is definitely the best medicine and medicine is what I need right now since I am in quarantine (flu) and missing my little boy like crazy!

Cheers,
Kar

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

love your blog! especially the scripture! I don't see how people get through the process without God! I have been following for a few months since a lady I work with has been trying to adopt from Russia. She has one more trip to make. My heart goes out to you for what you have went through for a beautiful child! Hope you are feeling better too!

Anonymous said...

I once discovered I had two contact lenses in at the same time. On the same eye.

Kim Abraham - Mom to the Fabulous Five! said...

That totally cracked me up! Probably because I can see me doing those same things at one time or another. Hope you feel better real soon. Didn't you get the memo that Mom's are not allowed to be sick?

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

I "lost" a contact in my eye once. . .for a week! I didn't even know it was there. . .hope you're feeling better soon! And when you are, you'll be all ready to give your sweet little guy smooches and smooches.

AdoptaMama said...

Hysterical! I hope you're feeling better soon. I'm sure your boys do, too!

Over-Caffeinated said...

Oh so funny... love it!