Prayers for our Children

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Mmmm! Smells Good!

Heehee! I've been dying to post this picture taken in our Moscow apartment. I just think it's hilarious. Ilya is a very wiggly kid when he sleeps and GETTING to sleep is quite a show as well. On this particular day, after squirming around in a million different positions and becoming quite the contortionist at times, this was how he finally fell asleep on Norm's lap! Note, however, that this was NOT the same day he woke up with his stylish hairdo!

Anyway, life with Ilya continues to go well, but honestly I'm swamped with adjusting to everything I need and want to do. It just takes time to come up with and find comfort in a new schedule but regardless of that we're still have a blast with our son. Until I get my new schedule under control, it would be great to have a couple mini-me's around to help out some. Between Ilya, Norm, 4 pets, 2 jobs (telecommuting when I can for both), blog posting, blog stalking, the CSS Yahoo group, serving on the Women's Ministry, and really jonesin' to get back into my volunteer animal rescue stuff, I forget common sense things like eating and sleeping. I do, however, shower! I almost threw "exercising" into that common sense list but who am I kidding? I haven't exercised in, well, years, and I can hear our gym equipment mocking me every time I walk by our work out room.

I'm working on a post to share some of our experiences with Ilya in the week we've had him and I promise to post it soon.

Take care everyone!

6 comments:

Kevin T. said...

Welcome Home!! I am so happy for you all!! I am sure you will adjust to the time difference soon - I hear it takes a while!!

Carol said...

Breath girl breath.... take your time getting back into the swing of things, everything will still be there. Sleep and eat and play some, then repeat.

Becky and Keith said...

I second Carol... breathe!!! I think I had a partial anxiety attack just reading your list of things to do! I love the picture of the little guy sleeping. Such a cutie! :-) I thought I recognized that chair from your apartment - comfy! Get some sleep and rest a bit - you're a full time mama now! :-)

Over-Caffeinated said...

Karyn,

Okay, you are like me. I thought I was supposed to land and resume life as usual the next day. The thing is, not resuming life as usual was as stressful to me as trying to resume life. So, I don't know what to tell you other than "it can't be done!" Either way you go, you're going to be stressed, so concentrate on what's least stressful for Ilya and you won't look back with regrets (like I do) about those first few weeks and how insane it all was. :)

And the animal rescue thing, I can feel your pain because we do dog rescue. However, you just "rescued" a little human and that takes a while to digest, so rest in Him and know that you will know when the time is right!

Okay, now do I sound like a mom or what? My kids are going to hate all my lofty advice when they are older, and who am I kidding anyway. Truly, my friends would laugh me off the planet if they read this post and tell me to take a little of my own medicine! :)

Hang in there, it really does get better, in about three years... hahahahaha!

Joy said...

You will settle in. Give your self some time.
Joy

Deb said...

Great picture. You'll all look back on that one day and really laugh.

Take your time adjusting and finding a routine, enjoy mommyhood.