Prayers for our Children

Friday, June 27, 2008

Blogger's Mean (again) but the Party was Great!

So Blogger cut off the last sentence of my last post. Grrr.... It was supposed to read something to the effect of:

"Stay tuned for pictures of Judy's hard work for the shower/party. Thanks Judy for everything!"

My seestor - Robyn - played photographer at the party, and I just received the photos from her to post. They're below for your viewing enjoyment!

As always, Judy made a ton of really yummy food: 3 trays of Chicken Divan, Calico Beans, Potato Salad, Macaroni Salad, Manicotti, Brownies, Wings, Deviled Eggs, she ordered the "Welcome Home Ilya" cake (picture on previous post) and Meat & Cheese Trays...I'm sure I'm missing something because we had plenty of leftovers! Her friend, Denise, ordered the beautiful edible fruit arrangement I posted in the last blog. Thanks, Denise! It was fabulous!

Judy also had the idea for the blocks with Ilya's name, and the blocks with the ABC on them. She modeled it after the invitation we sent out and I thought it was a great idea. She got the letters from Michael's, had Norm spray paint them and then staple them on to storage cubes. We're going to hang the letters on Ilya's wall and use the cubes for storage.

I also have to thank my seestor and both of her kids. The morning of the party, Rob made the mistake of saying she felt like she needed a job to do. I didn't hesitate to put her & Norm to work planting flowers in the massive pots on our porch. I think I've mentioned that I'm as bad a gardner as I am a chef. Over a year ago we (Norm, Judy & I) bought fake sunflowers to place in the planters & then we all kinda forgot about them. Well, the sunflowers managed to "survive" all winter (they're fake after all! haha) but they were looking pretty hideous in the days leading up to the shower, Norm bought real flowers to replace them, but they sat in the trunk of my car for a few days, then sat on the garage floor for a few days, then the day of the party arrived and the fake, hideous, pathetic sunflowers were still sitting in the garage. The morning of the party it was well past 80 degrees but an already showered team of Robyn & Norm laid the fake flowers to rest and planted the new flowers in all their glory.

They didn't stop there though...they trimmed the hedges leading up to the front door as well. THANK YOU SO MUCH! I'm sure our guests appreciate not being attacked by the Cousin It plants that lined our sidewalk.

Rob's kids, R&J, helped out tremendously all weekend with Ilya. They were great babysitters for their new little cousin.

Thanks again everyone, especially Judy! Hope you enjoy the slideshow!

No comments: