Norm and I, along with Judy, Bailey, Bandit, Ivan & Pogo, wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Year.
For a bit of exciting news on the adoption front, there are many adoptive families experiencing great things this holiday season –
Eric & Michelle are currently in Moscow, bringing their new son home around 12/28. They first traveled to meet their son over Thanksgiving, and I can’t think of a better Christmas present for them to receive this year!
Rob & Dede made their first trip to Moscow earlier this month and are awaiting their court date to officially adopt their son
Michael & Carrie are in Tver meeting their son for the first time
Slade & Wendy have just returned from their first trip to Abakan, where they met their son
Nick & Beth and Randy & Susan are officially paper pregnant and waiting on their referral
Russ & Ana and Mark & Sinziana are close to the same timeline as Norm & me, and should have their dossier completed in early January
I’ve been following so many families, and there are actually more updates that I could add to this list. Each of the families above have experienced their share of joy, laughter, frustration and tears in their adoption journey, as have Norm & I.
What an AWESOME day it will be when I can post that Norm & I have received our referral and/or our travel dates for our first trip. What an AMAZING day it will be when I can post that we’ve received our court date. And I can’t even begin to imagine what it will be like when I can finally post that our court date is over and our child is really and truly OURS.
This is what we have to look forward to in 2008 - we hope you continue with us on our journey!
Merry Christmas, Happy New Year & Happy Homecomings to all of the adoptive families everywhere!
Kar & Tig
P.S. – THANK YOU for your many kind notes to Baby C! Keep ‘em coming!!
Tuesday, December 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
I love, love, love the list of great things happening! It's so motivating! Merry Christmas to you and your family! I hope you had a great one!
Merry Christmas from Moscow! I too love this list! How inspiring! You will be over here before you know it meeting your little one and then getting ready to take him home. Trust me, when it happens it happens fast!! Next year the holidays will be great for all of us there on your list!!! Yippeee!!
Hope you get a referral soon! It will be awesome when it is your turn!
Thanks for the mention. Can't even begin to express how good it feels to finally be on the "Things are happening now!" list.
Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!
I love the list too!! It is nice to see we are "paper pregnant"! I am hoping this pregnancy is a short one :) Merry Christmas!
It is so exciting to know that 2008 is the year that we all become parents!
Thank you for the kind words and comment on our blog. The portrait is so special to us, so I had to share it with my blog friends. I have read your blog before too, but originally I found myself sticking with other CHI families as to not "get scared" when I heard rumors or information not pertaining to our agency. I've now decided to venture out more and meet more fellow bloggers going through the same trials (the ups and downs) of adoption like we are. We can help other families during our wait. We appreciate your many prayers and cannot thank you enough for keeping us in your thoughts as we journey to bring our daughter home! You will be added to our prayers as you journey to meet Baby C!
Thanks again!!
Post a Comment