Prayers for our Children

Monday, November 5, 2007

I Survived

Hey everybody!

Let's take a quick poll...how many of you remembered that today was my personal interview with the SW?! I'm sure you are all sitting on pins & needles waiting to see how it went. Well, as the title of this entry suggests I did, infact, survive!

As with our joint interview it wasn't bad at all. She referred to my autobiography and "filled in the holes" that were needed to complete her report. We talked a little about how Norm & I met, our "courtship" (BTW - does anyone actually use that term anymore??), my hobbies and interests, clubs I'm a member of, etc. I was perfectly at ease and started to actually enjoy our conversation. Imagine that...

She then asked questions about my family and childhood. All good of course - you did an EXCELLENT job daddy! Rob, of course you are an EXCELLENT seestor as well!

She also asked a lot of questions about my mom, who sadly lost her battle with cancer in 2003. I held up well in the interview but now that I'm home, I have to admit that I'm feeling pretty sad that my mom and my child will not know each other in this life. I really wish my mom were here to share this experience with. I am comforted knowing she is in heaven - - playing and cuddling with the two little ones I lost in 2006 & 2000. I know all 3 of them are restored and healthy, as are Great-Grandmother, Grandmother, Grandma, Grandaddy, Uncle Buddy, Uncle Bill, Auntie Nedra, Ti Lidia, Meme, Ti Alice, and all of our other loved ones who have passed before us. (I apologize for those I didn't specifically name.) Each of these family members and friends is watching over Norm & me as we immerse ourselves into our adoption miracle. Your and their love is felt, is needed, and is so very appreciated!

We're off to our Small Group Bible study. Enjoy the rest of your evening!
Kar

1 comment:

Deb said...

Glad to hear your individual interview went well. One step closer.