I think the last time I posted was on Wednesday after Norm had his personal interview with the SW. Since then we’ve checked a few more things off of our “TO DO” list and had one very minor setback. First, the good news…
Progress!
- Thursday our SW visited one of our personal references in their home. I had no idea what to expect for our friends, J & M, during this visit or how long it would take. After seeing the form our other personal references had to complete (4 PAGES that weren’t even multiple choice or “yes/no”!!), I expected the worst for poor J & M. Well, I’m not sure if I expected the worst FOR them or FROM “J”!! J You see, they are great friends of ours but “J” and & I constantly pick on and harass each other. He is more like a big brother and I LOVE to pester him! He had been teasing me up until Thursday with things he supposedly had planned to tell the SW…all wonderful things about Norm but not so good things about me. Of course, I knew he was kidding around (and made it very clear that he BETTER be kidding around) and I’m proud to report that he did indeed behave himself! Thank you, J!
- Our SW emailed me on Friday to tell me that she had already received our criminal histories back…and neither of us are criminals!
- Norm completed his daily schedule
- And finally….I COMPLETED THE FINANCIAL STATEMENT!! I plan to reward myself with a hot fudge & peanut butter sundae from Buster’s Ice Cream tomorrow! Yum!!
Now, I do have a financial statement that I have to complete for the dossier but surprisingly it isn’t as complicated as the one I just completed for the home study. (The HS form was 5 pages long!) I should be able to just copy the info that is the same onto the dossier statement and we’re good to go.
And now for the setback :-(
- Our SW also wrote in her Friday email that the criminal history form she had us fill out for Chef Judy was apparently the wrong form. We need to redo it, renotarize it, and remail it. This really is a relatively minor issue. Oh, and for those of you who may not know who Chef Judy is, “meet” Norm’s mom. She has lived with us for the past year and as an adult household member, there are certain forms and steps she needs to take as well.
As far as I’m concerned, my finishing the financial statement far outweighs having to redo Judy’s criminal history forms.
I think that about covers it for now. We had a pretty full day of activities today – but I’ll wait until tomorrow to bring you up to date on all of that fun. Here’s a prelude though…color schemes, patterns, hex wrench, and stuffed animals!
Oh, and does anyone remember this line from a movie –
“THE DINGO’S GOT MY BABY!!!” Stay tuned…
Have a blessed evening!
Tig & Kar

2 comments:
I must say that it was a little tough on me. I really wanted to test the SW's sense of humor. Ultimately I behaved myself, not because of anything Kar said but solely for Norm's benefit.
The movie was "A Cry in the Dark" with Meryl Streep and Sam Neill. Since we are playing trivia, do you know the name of the originator of the quote (the person Streep portrayed)?
J
Lindy Chamberlain is baby Azaria's mother, and who Meryl Streep portrayed.
You're not fooling anyone, J. "Solely for Norm's benefit." Whatever...
Besides, this is not the forum for you to use to banter with me! ;-)
Post a Comment