Prayers for our Children

Monday, May 11, 2009

WINNER!

Mother's Day 2008: After a 2 month separation from our son, Norm & I landed in Moscow and finally found ourselves back in the same country as our little boy. A Russian judge wouldn't officially proclaim Cubby as our son until later that week, but in our hearts and minds we knew.

Mother's Day 2009: It may have taken nearly 14 years to finally celebrate my first official Mother's Day, but celebrate I did! I woke up to my 2 boys, Norm & Cubby, cooking a wonderful breakfast for me complimented by a centerpiece bouquet of beautiful roses. After church we went hiking at Great Falls, followed by dinner and finally back home at 9:30 last night. Ilya only napped for a total of 10 minutes the entire day and he did WONDERFUL! For me, it was the perfect day with a perfect little boy, a perfect husband, perfect pets and perfect weather.

Our church recognizes mom's on Mother's Day, and for the first time I was able to stand proudly as Cubby's momma. I nearly received a carnation for being a mom for the shortest amount of time; 11 months for me and 10 months for the mom who was actually awarded the carnation.

Norm was talking about this with the friends who joined us for dinner. When he said I had "nearly won" I stopped him and said "No, babe...I DID win!!"

Just see for yourselves...(and don't miss that adorable baby belly on the bridge!!)
















HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL!

11 comments:

Melissa said...

What a great day you had. The pictures are beautiful. I love his baby belly. Colby has one too and it is the cutest thing!
Melissa

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

You are definitely a winner! He is soooo cute!

Kristine

Amy said...

Great baby belly! That's a huge feat for a little guy!!

Nicole said...

I love the baby belly! He is just such a ham in front of the camera!
Happy Mother's Day!
Nicole

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Happy Mother's Day! Isn't it the best thing ever??? And, yes, the weather around here was perfect. . .finally!

AdoptaMama said...

Such a happy little guy! Happy 1st Mother's Day to you. This was my 4th, and let me tell 'ya, it just keeps getting better and better! :)

Troy and Rachel said...

Of course you won - just look at that adorable baby belly on the bridge to prove it!! Happy Mother's Day!

Amy...who wanted 4. said...

Sounds like an awesome day!!!!
Yeahhhh!!!!!
Happy Mother's day to you!
Amy

Kevin T. said...

Hello! I am commenting a little late, cut Happy 1st Mother's Day!! Those pictures are so adorable!!
Teresa

ana said...

Happy Mother's Day, 1 week later!!! Sounds like you had a great day! And your son just gets cuter every time you post pictures!

Anonymous said...

i'm glad it was such a great mother's day!