Prayers for our Children

Monday, May 4, 2009

My First Not Me! Monday



Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

I did NOT nearly give myself a concussion yesterday when I fell backwards after opening our drier and being attacked by more Pull-Up fluff than I’ve ever seen in my life. If this did happen, it would mean that my 2 year old son was sight unseen long enough to steal a Pull-Up from his stash, toss it in his hamper and bury it under all his clothes. My 2 year old NEVER slips out of my sight. EVER. Also, if this did happen it would mean that I didn’t take the time to sort through all of the laundry for missing toys, dog bones, lost shoes and other items that really don’t belong in washing machines and driers (like Pull-Ups!). Because as the mom of a 2 year old, I have all the time in the world to properly sort laundry so that such a mishap doesn’t happen.

I did not get so desperately hungry while driving, that I broke into my son’s snack stash and ate all of his cheerios, Gerber puffs, and fruit roll ups before realizing I left him with nothing to munch on. I mean, what adult eats sweet potato Gerber puffs and ENJOYS them?! Certainly not this mommy and if I did, I would have made an impromptu trip to Bruster’s Ice Cream for the free baby cone to make up for the oversight. SIDE NOTE: Did I mention the Peanut Butter sundae mommy possibly got for herself (goes well with the puffs, lemme tell ya!).

I did not NOT follow my son’s daycare instructions to give them an old shoe that doesn’t fit anymore for use in a special project. That would mean that I gave them a perfectly good, but older sneaker that still fits, rather than his first ever pair of hiking shoes that he can’t even squeeze his toes into now. I do NOT have an emotional attachment to a pair of adorable little trail shoes that my son has no hope of ever wearing again, just because they remind me the absolute joy and amazement of his first hiking excursion. That’s just silly!

So, there you have it. My first confessional of things that most certainly did NOT happen in my household last week. Enjoy & be sure to head over to MckMama's blog to check out everyone else's posts!

Karyn

2 comments:

Meghan, Bill and Nick said...

Big smile :-), you always make me laugh. Except maybe after your last post when I just felt sad that you had to deal with that situation with your SW, which you did amazingly! I especially cracked up at the raiding of the snack stash, classic!

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

I loved the PPR post and this one as well...I too have emotional attachments to a few baby items that my kids wore and will keep forever...

His pictures are absolutely adorable and he definitely has grown and will continue to do so! He has really great parents..ok...since I haven't been able to listen to all the recent sermons at my church because of our new little one, I would love to hear about the one that you recently heard so I will check back!

Kristine