I didn’t have a chance to write a message to Daddy last night. Trust me, I would have MUCH preferred to blog than endure what Mommy forced on me after dinner. Let me explain…for about a week now, Mommy’s been telling nearly EVERYONE (and I do mean everyone) how excited she was/is for me to go to school today…
(Side note: Daddy told me she does something similar when she sees people with dogs - - she’ll go right up to them, complete strangers even, and ask if she can pet their dog(s) and then talks on and on and on and on and on and on about Bailey & Bandit. Daddy & I think it’s some kind of social-butterfly-trying- to-save-the-world disorder or something. Mommy says she’s being friendly and meeting like minded people. Right…!)
…so anyway, she’s been walking around telling people how she couldn’t wait for today to get here because it was my first official school picture day. She said something about Picture This Studios coming to my school and taking photos of all the kids, blah blah blah. I didn’t see what the big deal was and tuned her out after she said “pictures”. I mean, she walks around the house ALL DAY EVERY DAY with our silly camera in her hand, blinding me every 0.5 seconds because she thinks I’ve done something cute. Apparently it hasn’t hit her yet that I don’t just “do” cute, I AM cute therefore, trying to document every instance of cuteness is absolutely impossible! Silly Mommy!
Well, apparently today’s pictures required a "special outfit" for reasons that, as a boy, I will simply NEVER understand. Daddy told me that even with all his years of experience, he doesn’t understand these things so not to worry. Heck, I’d be happy either totally in the buff or in just my skivvies. No special outfit needed here!
Guess my opinion doesn’t matter though because as soon as last night’s dinner was over, Mommy whisked me upstairs, started pulling stuff out of my closet and all my drawers, and made it look like my room had imploded. It was crazy! Solid colors, plaids, stripes, dots, animal characters all flashed before my eyes in a frenzy and I started getting really dizzy. Finally she settled on something but don’t ask me what because by that point everything was starting to get blurry & fuzzy to me and I was feeling a little naueous. I was THRILLED to hear bath time had finally arrived. Thank you Lord!
After all of that, though, wouldn’t you know she changed her mind AGAIN this morning. She dressed me in what she picked out last night, brought me downstairs & handed me to grandma to play with while she got dressed for work. She came out of her bedroom with a toothbrush sticking out of her mouth & toothpaste dripping from her chin (niiiiice!!) and said “He’s not wearing that! I’ve got to change him.” Sigh….poor, poor me. So she changed me and THEN, she went crazy again trying to find a back up shirt for me in case I messed up the original shirt before pictures were taken. Sheesh! Aren’t there more important things to worry about like doing puzzles, bubbles and coloring? Seriously!
So Daddy, when are you coming home to rescue me from all this estrogen and fashion hoopla? I’m seriously in need of some manly activities, some male bonding. I tried to enlist Bandit’s help but as you know - - that poor dog is freaked by almost everything so he wasn’t much of a help. Bailey, even though she’s a “she”, is a much better partner in crime. But all she wanted to do was curl up in her cave & ignore me so I was stuck trying to defend myself. Needless to say, I lost last night’s battle and am hoping for reinforcement troops next go ‘round.
Miss & luv you Daddy,
Ilya
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Ilya - Wait until you can "help" pick out your clothes and mommy "asks" for your opinion just to overrule you! Why bother asking anyway? Moms... can't live with them, can't live without them. Your buddy - Andrew
This is too funny. Well Ilya, I am glad to hear that I am not the only mommy who tries a million outfits on their kid. Bryson must feel similar to you when I am doing this. I can't wait to see the pictures.
Post a Comment