Prayers for our Children

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Further evidence that I've lost it

If you were a can of gross/foul smelling/moist cat food, where would you hide...in the pantry to the left of the refrigerator, or in the small desk to the right of the fridge?

I kid you not, this evening I stood in front of that small desk for a good 3-4 minutes, with its miniscule drawer wide open, wondering why I couldn't find the cat food. Finally in a desparate attempt to get fed, Ivan (the Terrible) smacked me with his dagger claws and woke me from my trance, while screaming at the top of his little kitty lungs "Focus woman!"

After their tummies were full and the cattitude gone, Ivan & Pogo decided to allow the paparazzi to snap a couple quick photos. Ivan is all black and Pogo has a bit of white on his chest. They're both 13 and we've had them since kittenhood. Oh, and apparently neither is impressed with the fact that I'm engrossed with the adoption/Baby C and not their food!


5 comments:

Becky and Keith said...

Oh! I know EXACTLY what you're talking about! Definitely blame it on the adoption - that's the only reason we could possibly be losing our marbles. At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

ana said...

Your kitties are very cute! We have 3 here, and I wonder how they're going to react to Eli, especially when he's crawling all over the house!

Carol said...

It's what happens when you are soon to be a mommy, your mind just goes.

Ryan and Katie said...

Hey guys! FYI, we had to take our blog private. If you want to join the (top secret) party, send me an email:

thehorners@cox.net

We enjoy your blog!

the Horvaths said...

Are you just getting so excited? Only one more free weekend before you go to Russia... then your life will never be the same. So what are you going to do? I hope you have a good weekend, get lots done, have some fun, don't get sick, whatever you do! Keep the stories coming!