Prayers for our Children

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Captain Poopy Pants

You know who you are! Mustache Man & I are so happy you’re here, with your lovely wife and your two adorable kids! Capt. Poopy Pants, a.k.a. “J”, a.k.a. “my little chickadee” by his mom, is a wonderful, amazing friend of mine who I miss very much. He & I reconnected recently – yay!

J, I just had to let you know how often Mustache Man & I think about you, all of our great times together, and the many, many practical jokes. Fun times, J, fun times: the great popcorn hunt, the blue “foreign” M&M/dreidel, when you got Mustache Man thrown off the paintball field, driving away from the paintball field w/ your back doors wide open, my telling Ben you didn’t want to talk to him, sneaking Victor & Victoria into your office, flipping your fork over the banister at the Italian restaurant by our office and having it land in Boggs’ plate in front of Mike N., scraping the entire passenger side of your car down the stone wall in our driveway, eating sugar cane in Louisiana, insects the size of passenger planes in Louisiana... I could go on & on but just know that we both miss you and our door is always open to you & your family.

For anyone reading this who may have lost touch with friends I highly encourage you to take the first step, as J did, to reconnect. True friends are hard to come by and difficult to keep. Don’t let those relationships ever slip away! J, I apologize for not keeping in touch but I promise to now. THANK YOU for your words of encouragement! They mean so much!

Oh, I am soooo gonna pay for this post! Heehee
K & Mustache Man

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Captain Poopy Pants here! It was a wonderful surprise to access your blog (which I try to do every day) and see an entire post dedicated to me! I miss you guys too and really remember all of those fun times as well (although I have to say I didn't remember EACH of the things you mentioned, and haven't thought of the others for many many years!) We did laugh a lot, didn't we?

For those of you reading this post, you should be warned to be very careful what you say around Karyn - her mind is apparently a very strong steel trap! It has been more than seven years since she possibly could have heard my mom call me "her little chickadee" but here she is rattling that off like it was yesterday! :)

My own little chickadees and I, and my wife chickadee, wish you both the best. Can't wait to continue on this journey with you!

PS. I don't really think it's fair to say that I got mustache man kicked off the paintball field - he did that all by himself. He simply should not have been going up to so many kids, tickling them, and saying amongst his giggles "you're hit! now you gotta go sit!"

PPS. Do you remember that Russian gal I met in Atlantic City and ended up touring the country with for a few days? Da or Nyet? Boy was she a dish of warm ghoulosh on a cold day!