Prayers for our Children

Thursday, March 13, 2008

FedEx, Blurb, Celebrating and Menu's

Just a quick update before I eat dinner, run a few errands and finally collapse later tonight.

We received a FedEx package today from our agency to hand deliver to the Moscow office on Monday. I’m not sure if the 2 envelopes inside are dossiers, court documents or something else but if they’re yours, they made it to our house safely! Back in January,
Beth & Nick stuffed our dossier into their carry-on and we were so grateful. Especially after the DHL snafu with Susan & Randy’s dossier a few weeks earlier. I’m glad we’ve been given the opportunity to help our fellow CSS families by delivering whatever is in the envelopes!

Speaking of Susan & Randy, they are going through yet another very difficult time with paperwork, bureaucratic red tape, and total nonsense in general. They really, really need prayers and support, and I ask each person reading this to lift them and their son Artem (who NEEDS to come home) up in prayer over the coming days.

For my fellow adoptive families who want to create a special photo album of their trips to Russia (or the country their child is in), check out
Blurb. A co-worker recently used Blurb to create an album of their ski trip and I just have to say it is beautiful!! It seems like if you have a lot of photos and want to share hard copies with a lot of people, Blurb may be more economical than having your photos printed at a camera place (and definitely cheaper than printing yourself). This is a great way to share your journey/memories with friends, family members and of course, your child as he/she grows up! We will be creating albums for our family members.

Also for my fellow adoptive families, check out
Celebrating Adoption if you haven't already. This is a national group of photographers who donate their time to helping adoptive families celebrate their adoption through portraits. You’ll have to check the photographers in your area (there’s a list on the site) but my understanding is that many waive their sitting fee (or whatever it’s called) and give discounts on the pictures you select. The photographers in my area are all very impressive and we will definitely be making an appointment with one of them once Baby C is home.

I actually picked up our translated Who Loves Baby photo albums and thank you cards yesterday. "L" surprised me by also translating a typical Russian menu for me, with food items written in Russian on the left and English on the right. I LOVE this! If anyone would like a copy please email me or leave a comment & I'll forward it to you. I think this is going to be great to have if we happen to find ourselves at a restaurant that doesn't have English menus.

That’s it for now. There’s lots more to share and post but I’ll have to do that later.

6 comments:

ana said...

Receiving the FedEx from the agency means that you're leaving VERY soon!

Blurb is very cool. I'm going to use them to print a book of our blog, so Eli will be able to read about our process.

Hope you have a chance to get some sleep before it's time to get on the plane!

Becky and Keith said...

oh my goodness, oh my goodness! You are SOOO close to leaving! I bet you are just besides yourself with excitement! A friend of mine used Blurb to print her blog off for her adopted son. It came out great!

Beth said...

Can't wait to see you in a few days!! You sound like you have everything is order and are ready to go - wish we could say the same! We will have Jaxon with us on Sunday, hope we can do dinner - you and Norm will be the first to meet him!

Aaron & Dana Craven said...

Thanks for sharing all the great ideas!! Good luck with your trip. This is so exciting you are leaving so soon!

the Horvaths said...

Lot's of good tips and tidbits, thank you for sharing. You are on your way soon! I will wave to you across the ocean. I think you may have our same Driver, he said he is picking someone up after he drops us off... well, not sure how early you arrive, but you do arrive Sunday, right? He is an excellent driver, but speaks no English, Alex. He is so good at navigating these roads and playing tough with the other drivers. Very aggressive here. Today we spend 4 of 6 hours in the car, so it's very important to have a good driver. Have a safe flight! Can't wait to read more about your first visit.

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Wow! a menu translated! That's an awesome idea! Please forward a copy to me at stacyh13@msn.com. We leave on Tuesday for a month in Krasnoyarsk and to ultimately pick up our son!
Stacy Harrison