In the beginning or middle of June, I signed up for a blog tour to review the book "From Eternity to Here" by Frank Viola. I was excited about this for a few reasons. First, I love to read. Second, I found out about this through Ondrea and she was excited about it. If you've read Ondrea's blog in the past, you'll probably agree that when she's excited about something, it's hard not be excited as well! Ahem....no pressure Ondrea! Third, and perhaps most important, it sounded like a project that would bring glory to God.
So, my book arrived right before we went on our vacation, and I took it with me as we traveled to VA Beach. Note to self: Camping with a 2 year old for the first time leaves NO time for relaxation or book reading. None.
I picked up the book again once we returned home but I need to be honest with everyone. Life interrupted us quite a bit in June and July, and while I did read nearly all of Mr. Viola's book, I have not finished it yet, nor did I put as much effort into this as I think I could or should have....had life not interrupted us!! :-)
While I intended to provide you with my thoughts on this book, I now realize I will not do it justice. I need an extra week to go back and read this book in its entirety, and truly study how it applies to my life and my walk with God right now. I will tell you this, however, Mr. Viola's writing is fresh with passion, truth and beauty. The book is divided into 3 parts: the Bride of Christ, the House of God and the Body of Christ. Two main points struck me throughout the entire book: (1) God's relentless love for us and (2) how often I make things about "me" and not about Him.
With that said, at the end of this post, you will see a list of other bloggers who also participated in this tour. I encourage you to stop by and read what those individuals had to say about "From Eternity to Here." This book will help you see things in a way you can't begin to imagine, and I am looking forward to reading it again!
***********************************************************************************
The following bloggers are posting a review or Q & A with Frank Viola on his bestselling book FROM ETERNITY TO HERE today, Tuesday, July 21st. You may order the book at a discount at www.FromEternitytoHere.org – it’s also on audio book. Free discussion guide, sample chapters, interviews, and a free audio of the first chapter are available on that site also. Here are the bloggers who are participating:
Jay Becker - www.jaybecker.org
Mark D - http://deadmanstravelog.blogspot.com
Igniting Hearts - Kimber Britner - http://www.ignitinghearts.blogspot.com/
Karyn - http://tiger-kar.blogspot.com
Barefoot Preacher - http://thebarefootpreacher.blogspot.com
Every Day Angels - www.WeAreEverydayAngels.com
FaithEngineer - http://www.faithengineer.com
Kristen Schiffman - http://dancinginthemargins.typepad.com/
CrossPointe: The Church at Bevo - http://churchatbevo.blogspot.com/
Crazy Love for God - http://crazyloveforgod.blogspot.com
Amazima Ministries - http://oatsvallteam.blogspot.com
Down to Write Honest - http://downwritehonest.com
A Beautiful Mess - http://blnorth1105.blogspot.com/
The Blakes on a Mission - www.theblakesthailand.blogspot.com
Words by Jud Kossum - http://judkossum.blogspot.com
Eric Jaffe - http://www.ericjaffe.org
Reconnect with God – www.Reconnectwithgod.org
2nd Cup of Coffee - http://www.2nd-cup-of-coffee.blogspot.com
Nolan Bobbitt Website - www.nolanbobbitt.com
Klappyanne - www.xanga.com/klappyanne
Daveingland - http://www.daveingland.com
Randi Jo Rooks - http://seedsinmyheart.blogspot.com
Ephesians Five – http://ephesiansonefive.blogspot.com
Michael Bayne - http://www.michaelbayne.net
Encounter Church Helena Blog - encounterhelena.org
Thoughts B4 Conviction N2 Action - tsharrison.blogspot.com
Edevotion - http://www.e-devotion.blogspot.com
Seeking After - http://seekingafter.blogspot.com
Eric Powell - www.encounterhelena.org
Borrowed Light - http://fbcnewlondon.blogspot.com
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment