Prayers for our Children

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Kreative Blogger Award!!

So I log on to Susan's blog
And what do I see?
A Kreative Blog Award nomination
for little ol' MEEEE!

Go ahead and clap. I know you all want to! :-)

Thanks Susan! Here are the rules for the Kreative Blogger Award:

List six things that make you happy. Pass the award along to six more bloggers. Do not give the typical answers and go for the less obvious, as you all know that family, friends, God, etc would be on the list.

Without further adieu and in no particular order:

1. Vegetable Platters. Watch out if you're at a party or get-together with me and there are vegetable platters within a 5 block radius. It won't be pretty and I don't share but boy am I a happy camper when I park myself by the veggies and snarf 'em down in record time!

2. Chocolate! I don't think further explanation is needed, is it?

3. Reading the letters my family and friends sent me 14 years ago when I left home to join the Air Force. My seestor, Robyn, assigned family members a day of the week to write to me so that I would have at least one letter at every mail call. It was awesome and I still have each of those letters. They were/are a great source of comfort and entertainment. Thanks Rob, Daddy & everyone who wrote!

4. Making fun of myself. I have plenty of material to go on, trust me!!

5. Animal Rescue. I've been an animal rescue volunteer since 2001 and it has been such a wonderful experience. There are many difficult cases I've been involved with, but once the pets get to safety and in their furever families, the tears and frustrations are all but forgotten.

6. Hiking in the fall. All I can say is BEAUTIFUL!

I award the following 6 creative bloggers with the Kreative Blog Award - CONGRATULATIONS!

1. Becky
2. Stacy
3. Michelle
4. Kim (I've always loved your header!)
5. Rachel
6. Amy

4 comments:

Joy said...

I love the thought that you had a letter at each mail call. When my nephew was in Iraq I had a set of shelves in my garage filled with his favorite things. I would send a box every other week. I became the go to Aunt for him and a couple of his buddies.

Wow I miss doing that for him.
Joy

Michelle R said...

You are Kreative! You have made me laugh so hard this past year. It is so fun to see Ilya part of the laughter this year isn't it!! Think of where we were last Christmas?

Over-Caffeinated said...

Will you please tell me how to make a good header for my blog?

Carey and Norman said...

I always enjoy learning something new about my fellow blog friends. Thanks for sharing.