Unfortunately Cubby’s 1st Thanksgiving wasn’t exactly what we had hoped it would be, but it was a great day for bonding nonetheless. Poor little guy slept in until 9am Thanksgiving morning, which was our first sign that he wasn’t feeling well. Normally he’s up between 7-7:30am. We checked on him a few times and he was sound asleep, so we just let him get the rest he obviously needed. Once he did wake up, he spent the next few hours throwing up, refusing food, and acting very lethargic (despite the 15 hrs of sleep he got). He had no other symptoms, no fever, etc., so we weren’t sure what was causing him to feel so bad. He just wanted to be held and cuddled, so that’s how we spent our morning.
His Gramps was working in Norfolk last week, so he stopped by the house around 11am. He brought Cubby a Sit & Spin, which perked our boy up a little bit for a few minutes and we were able to get a few cute photos of him having fun. Noon rolled around and he was out like a light, so he missed the wonderful Thanksgiving lunch his Grandma prepared. He slept until 4pm and was finally able to get a little food in his system around 5:30. Most of that 1.5 hrs was spent being held by mommy, daddy or grandma. Gramps headed back to Norfolk around 2pm, so Cubby didn’t have a chance to say goodbye to him.
Fortunately he woke up Friday feeling a little better, but then mommy started feeling sick AGAIN and I’ve been miserable ever since. Hence, the lack of posting on my part. Sorry folks! Next post will include photos of Cubby’s first Thanksgiving.
The enormous blessings in our lives far outweigh Cubby’s first Thanksgiving not going exactly as I envisioned it. I have so many thoughts about all we have to be thankful for, and it deserves a post of its own. So, I’ll end this post for now. I hope you all enjoyed your Thanksgiving Holiday!
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
Goodness - I hope you both get to feeling better - it's def. cold/flu season! I'm glad you are able to look at your time as good bonding time!
Hope you all are feeling better. . .and not to worry! There will be plenty of Thanksgivings to come!
I hope you both get to feeling better. Our son had the stomach bug too, but ours came with a fever. I know it isn't fun watching your little one sick. It is hard watching them hurting knowing that you can't do much besides love on them and hold them.
Happy 1st Thanksgiving!
By the way, my father is Gramps too :o)
I hope you both feel better soon! I just got over being sick - It was a very strange Thanksgiving. I sent Kevin to his brother's house without me. There is nothing on tv to watch on Thanksgiving - I never realized that! Well it sounds like you had some great bonding with your little one. Look forward to the pictures!
I hope you all both feel better! That stinks to be sick again! By the way, before your blog opened, I thought you would might have given it a Christmas theme-and sure enough, you are on top of things, and it looks so cute! Once again, you are so creative! I love it! :) Feel better!
Wow, its so hard to be sick and take care of everyone. I hope you're feeling better soon.
Love the new blog look! Are you creating these all from scratch? Very nice.
Happy Holidays!
Yuk, sorry it was a sick day, but sometimes those are the sweetest because it forces everyone to just sit and be still for a while.
Hope all is well. The blog looks awesome, by the way!
So sorry you guys are not feeling well, but its awesome that Ilya is now with you when he is under the weather. Love the new blog really cute. I am still trying to figure out how you do it.
Hope everyone is feeling well for the rest of your holidays!
Feel better. If you are anything like me if you admit to not feeling well that you are REALLY sick.
Glad you got to hold him most of the day even if it was because he was not feeling well.
Joy
Post a Comment