Excellent pics!! I just read your post-op entry and wanted to say I experienced the same thing 2 weeks ago. By the end of the first week, everything looked great and all redness and swelling was gone! I don't know if they told you to do this or not, but applying vaseline on his "boo-boo" or the diaper keeps it from sticking! Good luck, and hang in there!
Loce the pictures! I'm so glad the surgery went well. Also thanks for the post. We will be preparing for this hopefully soon, we are just waiting for the confirmed date.
Okay, tell me how he ended up with Who hair, that's funny!
Also, on the surgery thing... YOU POOR GIRL! I just have to tell you that my oldest son had the SAME experience and I was ever-after (read two years) vehemently opposed to circumcision. I thought it was the most barbaric procedure known to man. I could only describe the "surgery site" as a cherry tomato on a stem! It was THAT red. I cringed and got nauseated every time I changed a diaper for a week. But, it did get alot better and now it's totally normal. HOWEVER, my eight year old is STILL shedding the stitches from the circ. Yes, he actually had stitches. They were internal stitches and for some reason didn't all disolve, so they are still working their way out and they are not pleasant. But that's a whole other issue.
Fast forward two more sons and the other two were no big deal. The bell is a huge difference. But the bell wouldn't work on my oldest son (I can't remember why they said they couldn't use it.) So, don't beat yourself up too much, my guess is that if they could have used the bell, they would have. This seems to be the preferred method, but if they can't they can't and this was probably the case and you might not have been able to know in advance. We thought we would get the bell with our oldest because that's what the doc told us to expect, but when he went in, he had to do the manual procedure.
Our journey to adopt our son from Russia began in October, 2007. Our 1st trip to Moscow was March 15-22, 2008, and our 2nd trip was May 10 - 31. Our court date was May 15 and we officially gained custody of Ilya on May 27, 2008. We are thrilled to have you join us as we embark on the greatest journey of all - PARENTHOOD!
Our pets Bailey & Bandit (dogs) and Ivan & Pogo (cats) welcome you as well!
8 comments:
That is so funny!!! How did you get his hair to stand up?
Love the 'do! Are you keeping it??
Excellent pics!! I just read your post-op entry and wanted to say I experienced the same thing 2 weeks ago. By the end of the first week, everything looked great and all redness and swelling was gone! I don't know if they told you to do this or not, but applying vaseline on his "boo-boo" or the diaper keeps it from sticking! Good luck, and hang in there!
Thanks for posting the pictures. And for the comments on 'that' surgery. I will definitely keep all that in mind....
Christa
Loce the pictures! I'm so glad the surgery went well. Also thanks for the post. We will be preparing for this hopefully soon, we are just waiting for the confirmed date.
Okay, tell me how he ended up with Who hair, that's funny!
Also, on the surgery thing... YOU POOR GIRL! I just have to tell you that my oldest son had the SAME experience and I was ever-after (read two years) vehemently opposed to circumcision. I thought it was the most barbaric procedure known to man. I could only describe the "surgery site" as a cherry tomato on a stem! It was THAT red. I cringed and got nauseated every time I changed a diaper for a week. But, it did get alot better and now it's totally normal. HOWEVER, my eight year old is STILL shedding the stitches from the circ. Yes, he actually had stitches. They were internal stitches and for some reason didn't all disolve, so they are still working their way out and they are not pleasant. But that's a whole other issue.
Fast forward two more sons and the other two were no big deal. The bell is a huge difference. But the bell wouldn't work on my oldest son (I can't remember why they said they couldn't use it.) So, don't beat yourself up too much, my guess is that if they could have used the bell, they would have. This seems to be the preferred method, but if they can't they can't and this was probably the case and you might not have been able to know in advance. We thought we would get the bell with our oldest because that's what the doc told us to expect, but when he went in, he had to do the manual procedure.
Hope that helps ease your conscience a little.
I love it!!
Joy
I love these pictures. So funny!
Post a Comment