Prayers for our Children

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Celebrating Adoption




This morning we had the pleasure of working with Emily, owner of Vera*Lana Photography, to capture these (and many more!) beautiful photos of Ilya. Emily is a member of Celebrating Adoption, which is a national group of photographers who donate their time to helping adoptive families journal special moments with their new children, such as the ones above. These photos are just a sneak peek into Ilya's new glamour portfolio. Emily will have 20-30 4x6 proofs (free & ours to keep) ready for us in a few days, which I cannot wait to see!

The packages offered vary by photographer, and you can find your local Celebrating Adoption photographer by clicking here or following the links on the main website. For my fellow Northern Virginia families, I have to say what an absolute joy it was to spend the morning with Emily. If you're considering a session as well, please add Emily to your list of photographers to speak to. More of Emily's photos can be found on her blog. She donated her time to do this photo shoot and I am immensely grateful to her!

We opted to meet Emily in beautiful Old Town Alexandria, and I'm so happy we picked that area. Emily was able to find some really beautiful spots for the shoot, which made the morning even more fun. What I liked most about this as opposed to having photos done in a W*l-M*rt or Se*rs studio is that it really allowed Ilya to be himself and show more of his personality. Plus, we are nature lovers and outdoor people and I would much rather have Ilya in these real elements than a fabricated screen of some sort.

Anyway, I hope you like the sneek peak photos and that you'll consider setting up a shoot of your own through Celebrating Adoptions! I'll let you know how the rest of the pictures come out, but I don't doubt that they'll be anything short of excellent!

Night all -
Kar

9 comments:

Amy said...

Seriously nice pictures. What a great resource!!

Anonymous said...

These are beautiful pictures,and I must say I teared up looking at the picture with the American flag inthe background. I can't believe that you just found these locations that day- I was sure that the photographer had them planned since they are so perfect!

I am glad to see that Ilya is looking so good after his recent illness.

The Wilson's said...

The pictures are beautiful! I thought the first one was taken at the beach somewhere in N. Cali! The natural setting is just beautiful. I agree that Old Towne was a good choice.

Anonymous said...

It was great to see the beautiful pictures and Ilya looking so well after being sick. I'm anxious to hear what the Dr. had to say Friday after his appointment.

Emily Korff, Veralana Photography said...

Thanks so much for sharing these images, and for your kind words. You are such a beautiful family, and I had a great time working with you!

Anonymous said...

Love the first picture, Ilya says this is all about me

Hope your sending grandma some pictures through email so I can share with Ilya's great grandma and grandpa

Susan said...

Your pictures are beautiful!! Wow, very nice keepsakes to have through the years.

ana said...

These pictures are fantastic! I love the one with the American flag in the background. He is truly a beautiful boy.

Joy said...

What beautiful pictures but lets get honest I think it must be very easy to take a great picture of that little guy.

Seriously I think she did a beautiful job. I think I will check them out. It pictures are so valuable once you grow up. I just love the ones of the 3 of you together.
Joy