Prayers for our Children

Friday, April 18, 2008

Update...

…but certainly not the one I wanted to receive or to post. Here’s a short version of where we stand:

1. Our case hasn’t even been assigned to a judge yet. This may happen on Monday, 4/21;

2. There are 2 Moscow judges who are assigned adoptions, one of them is on vacation;

3. If we are assigned to the judge who IS NOT on vacation, there is a chance we will know our court date on Monday (but this is not a guarantee);

4. If we are assigned to the judge who IS on vacation, we will not be able to get a court date until he/she returns. I don’t know how long the vacation is scheduled for.

Our adoption buddies,
Dana & Aaron, will have their case reviewed on Monday as well. Dana & I have started a prayer chain in our respective communities asking for people to join us in zealous prayer this weekend for the following:

That we both receive our court dates on Monday, and that both our court dates will fall on either May 12th or May 19th (right after the Russian May holidays). Additionally, we request both boys be lifted up in prayer for their health, happiness and well-being. Oh, and I could use a real good dose of patience and peace, with a few less tears, as well!!

If you feel led to join Dana & me, our families & friends, in prayer this weekend please do so! We truly appreciate any and all prayers on our behalf.

Thanks everyone,
Karyn

4 comments:

the Horvaths said...

I will definitely pray for your's and Dana's family. I hope you hear about your court dates on Monday. I am sure that it is hard, you have been so strong and supportive for others. You have a lot of people on your side. Just hang in there, do something special for yourself (pamper yourself) this weekend. Relax and know that God is in control of all of this. He is watching over Ilya.

Ron and Dinia said...

Preveet!

Praying for a court date on Monday for you and your friend. Hoping you get the judge that is not on vacation and a speedy court day. Enjoy these last days as a couple before the adventure of parenthood starts.

Paka!

Dinia

Kevin T. said...

Hi Karyn,
You and Dana are definitely in our prayers this weekend. I can only imagine how hard it is in-between trips. I pray that you both get your court dates Monday and that court is very soon. Hang in there! Warmest wishes...Teresa

Aaron & Dana Craven said...

Thanks for the post. I did the same. The more praying the better! Hope you are doing okay this weekend! I'll keep on praying for good news on Monday!!