Prayers for our Children

Friday, April 4, 2008

Notarized, Apostilled & FedEx'd!

Norm made one last trip to Richmond today to have our 171H and FBI fingerprints apostilled. They're now sitting in FedEx waiting for someone to deliver them to Susan in TX so that she can hand carry everything on Wednesday, 4/9, when she makes her final trip to Moscow to bring little Artem home!

Thank you so much, Susan, for taking these documents with you! Beth was kind enough to take our dossier back in January. We are so thankful to you both...words just can't explain. Susan, you should have a visit from your FedEx guy on Monday! He BETTER show up! ;-)

(Susan, I nearly forgot to tell you...make sure you open the FedEx envelope, there's something more than our docs in there!!)

I also have to give a shout out to our wonderful agency. I have C's home phone number and had questions about our 171H before having it apostilled today. I hated to call her last night, but our question was pretty important and Norm needed to leave super early this morning to head to Richmond. So, waiting till our agency opened today wasn't really an option. C was not upset at all that we had called her at home, at 7pm, and graciously answered all of our questions and set our minds at ease about a few other things that popped up during our conversation. I don't know if other agencies routinely hand out their home numbers to their adoptive families or not, but it seems to me like that's going above and beyond. I am so grateful to C's unwavering commitment to CSS families. The entire staff is wonderful, and my fellow adoptive parents are superb!!

3 comments:

Aaron & Dana Craven said...

Congratulations on this! This is such a relief you are finally done with all paperwork. Now bring on the court date!!

ana said...

It's so great that your 171-H is on its way! That is happy news! Now it's time for a court date!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.