Prayers for our Children

Monday, April 21, 2008

Maybe Friday?

The good news is that we were assigned to the non-vacationing judge! Thank you, everyone, who prayed for this to be the case.

The not-so-good-but-not-terrible news is that we still don't have a court date but there is hope! Here's the deal, apparently there were a few documents missing from the baby's dossier. (Yes, Ilya has his very own dossier that was prepared! Lucky for him, someone else did all the running around, unlike the dossier WE had to prepare!) The missing docs may have something to do with the fact that he was born in a different town than his orphanage is in, thus slightly delaying the arrival of some documents to MOE. I don't know for certain that that is the case but regardless, there were some things missing. Which meant no court date assigned today.

"S" in our Moscow office will be meeting with the judge this Friday to discuss our court date, and we SHOULD know then when we'll be heading back to finally see our son again. There's a chance our court date will be Thurs., May 15th or Monday, May 19th. But as we all know by now, anything can and will happen with international adoption, so I'm trying not to get myself hooked on either of these dates.

Sooooo....this leaves me to once again recruit prayer warriors for good news on Friday. We would prefer our court date be as soon as possible. We will happily take either the 15th or 19th of May but we also want to remember God's plan in all of this.

Our friends Aaron & Dana DID get their court date today. Yay! Please join me in celebrating this milestone for their family.

9 comments:

Becky and Keith said...

Oh, Karyn! I know this was NOT the news you hoped for but so much better than being assigned the vacationing judge and having to wait until he/she gets back! We'll definitely be praying that Friday is good news day! May 15th or the 19th is NOT that far away and, as an added bonus, we'd get to meet in person! :-) (I know, I know... not QUITE as exciting as seeing your little guy, but I thought I'd try!) :-)

Aaron & Dana Craven said...

I will be a prayer warrior for you this week! I'm praying you get very good news on Friday (a court date of May 15th of course)! I'm so glad you got the non-vacationing judge!

Michelle R said...

OK, I am personally excited!!! This is terrific news. Your Judge is HERE which means he is attending to the missing papers now and not in a few weeks which would really put this all off. It is all good and God is taking care. I am am so excited I posted my yaaaa response under your post for yesterday----

Beth said...

Karyn...so glad you got the nonvactioning judge! I am sure S. will get those documents that Ilya's dossier needs and I am anxiously awaiting to hear good news on Friday!

Joy said...

When I sat down to work on the computer today. The first thing that I thought about was your court date. I just have a really good feeling about it. I will pray for your court date.
Joy

Troy and Rachel said...

I'm so glad you got a non-vacationing judge and I hope that your rep can get the missing docs in place asap - we're thinking of you.

Anonymous said...

Hi seestor, you have email.

Kevin T. said...

Hi Karyn,
I am so happy that you got the judge that won't be on vacation! I have a feeling that your court date should be very soon. We are praying for the best news possible on Friday!! I can't wait till you finally get to be reunited with your son. Warmest wishes...Teresa

the Horvaths said...

I was checking your blog all day yesterday. I am glad you got the non- vacationing judge. At least that meant they were able to notice the missing papers now so they can get working on it right away, instead of waiting for someone to get back from vacation. So breathe easy, Friday is just a few days away and something to look forward to! Lifting up prayers for little Ilya too, during this wait.