Evenin’ Blog Stalkers! Yeah, I’m guilty of blog stalking, too - - especially when we’re so familiar of each other’s timelines and expect on certain days to hear news of court dates, travel dates, dossier registration, dossier translation, etc., so we can celebrate these milestones with each other. Even if it is a virtual celebration!
Most families with our agency have received their court dates on their 3rd Monday home from Moscow. Notice I said “most.” Today is our 3rd Monday home. Needless to say, we did not get our court date today, nor do we have estimation as to when we may get it. We are at the mercy of a judge in Moscow. I hope she’s in a good mood!!
I admit that I am disappointed. The title of this post is something I learned very early in the adoption process but I guess I let it slip my mind. I have to remember that our journey to our son is just that – our journey – and it is not to be determined step-by-step by those who traveled before us. We can use their experiences as a guide but it’s not fool proof. Nor would I want it to be, because frankly there are some hardships other families have endured that I really don’t know I’d be able to handle! Some families are fortunate and get their court date within 2 weeks, and sadly others wait upwards of 5-9 months. So good or bad, other family’s timelines are not mine & Norm’s. It is ours alone and once again, we hand it over to God to handle and hope that He will continue to provide us the same level of peace we’ve had since leaving Moscow last month.
Back to today. By noon I realized we wouldn’t hear any news today and spent the afternoon feeling sorry for myself. I hadn’t planned on posting anything tonight because I knew I’d make it into a sob, poor me story. God has a sense of humor, though, and in His great plan, He had 2 emails waiting for me to give me the boost I needed to “get over it” and carry on. Here’s a portion of one that I thought I would share:
“I just went through your Blog again today and never get tired of doing so. Keep up the good work and God will bless both of you. You inspire others with your letters and stories.”
I’ve never thought of myself as being inspirational, but one of the many reasons I keep this blog is to try and encourage others in the adoption process. While some of my entries may be less than joyful, my main intent is to keep this honest (which includes the good & the bad!). I hope other adoptive families will realize that what they experience and feel to some extent has been experienced and felt by others, and in the end it all works out. Somehow, some way, it all works out.
I also realize that Norm & I are truly blessed in so many ways, one of which includes this wonderful little boy waiting for us in Russia. I put Revelation 3:8 in my header for days like today, as a reminder God led us to Ilya, and He will lead Ilya home!
“Behold, I have put before you an open door which no one can shut.”
So, bring on the court date - - according to God’s will!
P.S. THANK YOU, Aunt Rosemarie, for your words of encouragement. You have no idea how badly I needed to receive a message like yours today. Love you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I like the 'Bring in on statement' I think we all have times when we feel a little down but this journey is according to God's Plan my ours. Honestly I am glad he is in charge I would just screw it up.
Joy
I have checked your blog several times today. Sorry no word yet! You know I feel your pain! Keep up the prayers. I just know that we will see you in Moscow! We pray for our fellow blog stalkers everyday! Emily Dilworth
I remember those days of blog stalking too well :) When God's plan is laid on in front of you and you get that court date, it will all make sense! I will continue blog stalking and celebrate in the great news...I just know it is around the corner!
Hang in there. I know this is hard. You will see your son soon. Just know until then God is watching over him!
What an inspiring post. I hope you hear something soon and I hink you will! I'll keep you in our prayers for sure.
And yes- Troy did go apostille the same day you sent your husband - at the rate we are going we are bound to finally meet somewhere along the way!!
Hi! I am so sorry you didn't hear the news yesterday, but I pray you will hear great news very, very soon! I have been finding the wait very difficult during the whole process, but I can only imagine how difficult the wait must be after you actually have held your little one. I am sending prayers your way.
Warmest wishes..Teresa
Post a Comment