Prayers for our Children

Monday, February 11, 2008

I’m bored

Norm’s at a medical conference in Vegas. He had a chance to go hiking here yesterday afternoon/evening. Right now he is going to this (blech!). When he told me he was going to this show I was actually happy I didn’t tag along with him on this trip. The hiking would have been very cool but the other thing - the show - well that is just way creepy to me. I would have funky dreams for a very, very long time. Also, my sister – Robyn aka Rob - has an out of town guest and I don’t want to bother her. Oh, and I have the flu or something equally unpleasant. Yeah, I know, poor me!! ;-) So…I’m bored and perhaps contagious.

On a more positive note, I received an email from K at our agency asking how our fingerprint appointment went on Friday. I wrote a rather lengthy, nonsensical reply to her and then apologized for being “Chatty Karyn.” You see, when I get excited about something it’s really difficult to get me to hush up. I also tend to talk louder but it’s impossible to TYPE louder so be thankful! Anyhoo, since Norm’s in Vegas, and Rob’s catching up with one of our old friends, and my dogs don’t talk back to me, and I've called my dad way too many times to talk Nascar, I have no one to share my excitement with right now. Sigh….


That leaves you, my (hopefully) captive audience - -

Right now I am super excited about our adoption timeline! I say “right now” because as we all know, the emotions of parents pursuing IA can change in less than a nanosecond. Tonight though it’s all good – here’s why:

K is pretty sure our dossier is almost, if not already, done being translated. Yippee!! She’s going to confirm with the Moscow office tomorrow and send me an update. I have a really good feeling not only about the translation but also about our 171H. Yes, I admit that I feel good about our USCIS approval timeline! There, I said it! Can you believe it? I can’t explain why I suddenly am okay with this, or why I have this sneaking suspicion that we are going to get lucky and fall into the “significantly less than 9 week” processing category. But even if there is a snag with the 171, I know we are in excellent hands with our agency. I know that they want to get us to Moscow as much as we want to be there!

More importantly I also know that God’s timeline is better than any timeline I can try to conjure up. I know that He loves my child-to-be and me equally, and that He is watching over BOTH of us right this very minute. He is entrusting the care of this very special child to Norm and me. To us! He has selected this child to be part of our family. What an amazing gift we are about to receive. We are truly blessed!

I didn’t realize one could be bored, contagious, giddy and blessed all at once - but I am!

8 comments:

Susan said...

You are really at a peaceful place right now and that's a great feeling. Your dossier is in great hands and things will unfold as God has planned. I know you'll be getting travel dates very soon.

Becky and Keith said...

Yuck! I wouldn't want to go to that exhibit either! They had it in Atlanta for a while and I stayed far away from it. I hope you get to feeling better and I'm SO glad you are in a good place and feeling giddy! It helps the time go by more quickly!

Antoine & Lori said...

I think you're in the right frame of mind -- as long as our court date is taking, it will all work out because I know that Claire is the little girl meant for us. I'm sure that you'll feel the same way about your timing (whatever that ends up being) once you meet the child meant for you. And then you'll fit right in with all of the Russians around you -- they're big believers in destiny. And once you hold your child, you kind of sort of buy into the whole destiny thing, too.

Dede said...

I've been catching up on your posts and it sounds like everything is going well. I have a feeling you will be traveling very soon! Congrats!

Beth said...

Oh, that show would give me nightmares!
So glad things are going well with the translation of your dossier and I have a feeling you will be seeing that I-171H approval before you know it. It is hard to not want our babies immediately, but you are right - it is in God's time. And because of this, the perfect child is waiting for you - its happened for us twice! Can't wait to hear you are traveling and hoping we'll be there at the same time!

the Horvaths said...

Thanks for sharing your feelings. I love to hear we are not alone, and the blessings part is a great reminder to us all. Feel better!

Carey and Norman said...

During my wait, I was bored to tears. All I did was look at blogs, research adoption, etc. I makes for long weeks, but you do learn important information. I hope you time goes quickly and you can get back to normal!

ana said...

Kar, if our paperwork had moved any faster, Eli would not be our son. He just came off the database. God will take care of everything for you!