Prayers for our Children

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

I600A fingerprint update

Our I600A fingerprint appointment has been rescheduled to THIS Friday at 3pm. Yay! I'm so grateful they were actually able to get us in before Norm leaves for Vegas on Saturday. I'm especially happy because a few days after he gets home from Vegas, he has to leave again for Oregon. Oh, and he may also be "forced" to go to Italy again sometime but we don't know yet when those travel dates will be. I'm thinking it will be over the summer sometime but who cares - it's ITALY!! (see side note below)

Since our dossier is in Moscow now being translated, I wanted C at our agency to know that we're making some progress with the I600A. The I600A is what gets us our 171H, which is what ultimately gets Baby C home! According to our USCIS office in Fairfax, the processing time for our I600A ranges from "as long as 9 weeks to something significantly less...." Worst case scenario, we may have our 171H by April 11, best case scenario remains to be seen!

Anyway, yesterday I first spoke with K and Norm later spoke with C. It turns out that our dossier may be registered as early as next Friday or February 22! WOW... For those of you who don't know, once our dossier is "registered" in Moscow, we will likely have our first travel dates within 1-2 weeks. My birthday is in March (think shamrocks & green beer), and what an amazing birthday present it would be if I could spend it in Russia! Also, my b-day happens to fall on a Monday this year so just think...it's possible I could meet my child on my birthday since in the Moscow region, you make the first trip to the orphanage on Monday!

I'm back to being my happy, positive, excited-about-adoption self again and it's a great feeling. I should have called our agency long before now so I had a better understanding of the timeline. The ladies at the agency are all experts at talking me off of my ledge and I so appreciate everything they do.

Side Note: I LOVE, love, love Italy. I made my first trip over when I was 15. My choir from school took a 2 week trip, visited many little villages and had a once-in-a-lifetime chance to sing for the Pope. I am not Catholic but it was an amazing experience nonetheless. Norm was "forced" to make a trip to Rome in June 07 and I was not about to let him go alone. Since Norm's portion of the trip was paid for, we used our airline miles for me & I was able to tag along. While we were there, I took Norm to the Trevi Fountain and made him toss in a coin. THEN I told him that by doing so, he had just guaranteed himself a return trip. Looks like the local legend holds true!

5 comments:

Rob said...

Great news! And I'll bet that the weather should be a little nicer in March too!

I highly recommend one of the apartments that Peace Travel offers on New Arbat St.

ana said...

YAY!!! I'm SO happy for you. Since your home study is done, once your fingerprints are done on Friday, they can start processing your 171-H, hopefully immediately! How awesome that your dossier could be registered in a week or two! You could be traveling in early March, or even sooner! Things will start moving for you now, so get ready! Again, I'm SO excited for you!

Deb said...

That's great news. Very exciting.
Hopefully your I-171h will be processed very quickly.

Wow! You could be in Russia in a little more than a month! Have you got your packing list ready?

Beth said...

Great news Karyn! I am still hoping we get to meet up in Moscow.

Michelle said...

Yeah!! It sounds like you are getting ready to book flights and an apartment!! I'm so happy for you!! Prayers are going up that you will be traveling ASAP!!