Prayers for our Children

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Begging for Mercy @ 3am

That was me...from 3am-5:20am when I finally gave in & got out of bed, wanting so badly to scream "STOP!!" Why you ask?

Of all songs to wake up & have stuck in your head for nearly 2 1/2 hours, WHY did it have to be "La Cucaracha?" I mean, come one! How random is that? And it wasn't even the whole song; just "la cucaracha, la cucaracha" followed by 8 notes on the trumpet(?)...over and over and over and over again. Grrr.... Hopefully this isn't how the rest of my day is going to be!

On the adoption front, I found out yesterday that USCIS received clearance for our fingerprints sometime last week. Yay! This officially means our fingerprint drama is over. Thank goodness! I am so, so happy we have confirmation that we do not need to repeat these. (Beth & Becky, remember the email I sent you asking about the I797 Notice of Action thing? They claim they never sent it to me! Um, okay, I guess I'm imagining the whole thing! The envelope & piece of paper right in front of me aren't really there at all.)

Oh, and I recently joined the International Adoption Virginia Yahoo group and have been trading I171H timelines with other members. I received 2 emails this morning letting me know that members and friends of members have received their 171 4-5 weeks after their fingerprint appointments. If we get lucky & receive ours in 5 weeks, that means we'll have it by March 14...just a few days before my B-day! Hoping I can call Ms. B at the USCIS FFX office & thank her for the birthday card disguised as our 171H.

3 comments:

Heather & Jason said...

I like your title! I think I would be doing the same if I had that song going in my head for several hours in the night! How aweful. When that stuff happens to me I get up and start reading my bible to change it up a bit.
When is your birthday? Your post made me wonder because mine is March 16th. If yours is a few days after March 14- you've got to be either the 16th or 17th. I hope you get really great adoption news for your birthday!!!

Becky and Keith said...

You are too funny! I'd love to know how that got stuck in your head! I'm so glad your fingerprint issue got cleared up! I read your comment on Dana's blog and am so excited that your dossier is being registered in 2 DAYS! :-)

Ron and Dinia said...

Greetings from Moscow!
Rob and Dede introduced us to blogging and it has been such fun following the adoption stories. We just met Mark and Sinazina yesterday and had a blast showing them our favorite Saturday haunt. Our email is
emptynesters01@yahoo.com and we would love to hear from you if time allows while you are in Moscow.

Paka!

Dinia and Ron