Prayers for our Children

Monday, April 26, 2010

Cute (and not so cute)

First, for the cute...




And now, the not so cute...

A certain family member who shall remain nameless (but the letters n, a, n and a are in her name) recently taught my peace loving son to stomp on bugs. Now, I don't necessarily like bugs but I also don't try to kill them unless they're the stinging (or biting) kind, and they're obviously coming after me (or Cubby). I'll admit that I'm kinda happy Cubby's aim isn't the greatest when he's trying to stomp the buggies into oblivion.

But that's not the not so cute part. This, however, is - -

Yesterday morning as I'm getting ready for a church event the following chain of events occurred:

Cubby (screaming from upstairs): "MOMMY!!!!!! I POOPED!!!!!"

Me (grumbling a little under my breath): "I thought we tell mommy & daddy BEFORE we have to go poop so we can sit on the potty??!!"

Cubby: "I AM telling you Mommy!! I'm STILL pooping!"

Me (uh oh!! as I'm walking towards the stairs): "What do you mean you're STILL pooping??"

Cubby: "The poop - - it's still coming out of my shorts!! So I'm telling you I'm POOPING!" As if I'm the world's biggest dunce...

Suddenly I kick it into high gear because poop coming out of shorts - STILL coming out of shorts - is obviously NOT good. At all. The he shares this bit of glorious news with me:

Cubby: "The poop - it's on my hands now. It's SQUISHY!!! HAHAHAHA!"

Me (as I choke back my vomit): "DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING! ARE YOUR FINGERS IN YOUR MOUTH? DO NOT PUT YOUR FINGERS IN YOUR MOUTH!!!!"

So I get to the top of the stairs and there is a trail of lumpy poop from his bathroom to his bedroom, to his closet, and all the way back to his bathroom again. Gross I know but it gets worse.

Next I hear Cubby say: "LOOK MOMMY!! Buggies!!"

And he proceeds to STOMP the trail of poop into oblivion, into our lovely nearly white carpet. (Who uses white carpet anymore? Seriously!")

So, into the bathtub my little stinky cute went, into the trash went said shorts, and to the store went mommy to find industrial strength carpet cleaner. It was a fun, fun morning.

Yeah, right!

9 comments:

ana said...

We have just barely started potty training, so you've really given me something to look forward to! What a rough morning!

Unknown said...

OH.MY.GOODNESS! Yucko!

Becky and Keith said...

I laughed SO hard!!! Poor little cubby... he was SO proud! :-)

Melissa said...

Oh no. And it really is hard to get mad at them because I am sure he had the cutest face on too. Yuck! What a mess! Makes me happy we have hardwood floors and only a few area rugs. But I will tell you, the poop probably came out better than the diaper cream Colby smeared in his room one day. Ugh!
Melissa

Heather & Jason said...

Oh my- this puts my recent potty trianing poopy expereince into perspective. I was freaking out that it got on the sink handles, faucet, countertops, and toothbrush. Yours is way worse!

Anonymous said...

This is so funny! Well, not for you!
He is such a cutie!!!

Barb said...

Oh. My.

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

I am laughing so hard my stomach hurts!!!!!! Seriously, though, (snicker) we lost a couple of pairs of sneakers that way. . .along with all of the clothing that was above them!!!! Hope it all came out of the carpet!

Ron and Dinia said...

Note to self:

Don't teach Wyatt to step on bugs:)