Prayers for our Children

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Time to put away the M&Ms

It seems like I've done nothing but run crazy since our move to GA. If that's true, why then are my jeans suddenly way too tight and the scale runs in the opposite direction when I walk into our bathroom? Seriously - I've always been petite but I think a lifetime of inhaling all things chocolate is finally settling in my waistline and I'm feeling a bit...round.

I will admit that I am spending more time in the kitchen these days.

Drinking coffee that is.
And folding laundry on the island.
And catching up on everyone's blogs.
Did I mention coffee?

You didn't honestly think I was in there COOKING, did you? Ha!! Can I tell you something? Our oven broke. Can I tell you something else? It has been broken for quite awhile now and we've yet to get a repair man in to fix it. Would you be surprised to learn that it really hasn't cramped my "cooking style" at all? As if I ever had a "cooking style"!

I got a little kick in the bootie last night to put the M&Ms (and Reese's, and Twix, etc., etc.) away. I overheard Norm signing Cubby up for swim lessons. The type where mom or dad enters the pool as well. The lessons start next weekend.

Uh-oh...

I snuck upstairs to try on my bathing suit. The Horror!!

Ladies (& gents) it was NOT pretty. At all. So all chocolate is now gone & today I'm running out to get the Jillian 30-day shred video. I'm not doing this for me though. It's all about Cubby. After all, it's a little early in Cubby's life to traumatize him, dontcha think?

I'm no mathematician, but I figure if I do Jillian's video 3 times a day for the next 7 days, I'll be 21 days into her 30 day shred. Right? So, realistically I'll only be missing out on 9 days of her workout, but should be in pretty good shape. I might not be able to walk or move, or even breathe but we have to hold our breath under water anyway, right?! :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Karyn,
Oh, I know what you mean about the chocolate! The holidays just were a killer for me and now Easter is right around the corner! Also, people at work keep bringing junk to work and I have zero will power!
Good luck with the no-chocolate - I need to give that a try!
Hope you all are having a great weekend...Teresa

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Snort!! Love it. . .Glad I'm not the only one. . .with my broken arm, I haven't been able to do the running and exercising I usually do. . .it's taken a major toll on my bootie/waist/arms/legs/etc. I'm here with you as a support! I'm trying to get back into the routine now that the cast has come off. . .good luck to you!

PS. . .the devil told me Easter is only 4 weeks away. . .yikes!