Prayers for our Children

Saturday, November 28, 2009

The Mother of All Emergencies

Not exactly the tag line I wanted to read when I started my Google search this morning. But there it was *SMACK* in my face. Although I already knew the situation was bad...very bad...reading that made it much worse. It gave me the kick I needed to forgo the 20 minute shower I had planned and instead head to the emergency clinic immediately.

My precious Bandit Boy was sick, my mind knew what was going on but my heart refused to accept it.

When we got to the office my worst thoughts were confirmed. He had bloat, a life threatening condition where the stomach twists upon itself and and human guardians are left with two options only:

Surgery or Euthanization

The mother of all emergencies in the canine world. Time was of the essence, he could die in a matter of hours or even minutes.

We opted for surgery and tonight we are praying for his recovery. Would you join us please? He made it through the surgery but the next 24 hours are crucial for him. Our house seems empty. Our family is missing one of its members. Bailey is looking for her best friend, Ilya is looking for his protector, and I am just plain missing my Buddy Boy....

Before he left for surgery I told him he wasn't allowed to not come home. I pray he listened to me...

8 comments:

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Wow!! Prayers, indeed!! What would we do without our furry children??? God Bless!

Troy and Rachel said...

Let us know if everything is okay. We're praying for Bandit.

Ron and Dinia said...

Praying for your family and Bandit in Alabama!

Anonymous said...

Praying for you and Bandit!!

T. Smathers

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am praying for Bandit!
Take good care...Teresa

Susan said...

Praying for Bandit!!!

Anonymous said...

i hope bandit is home!

Over-Caffeinated said...

Oh no, I'm just now catching up from T-giving... how is he?