Is WONDERFUL!! Not to say that we haven't faced some challenges in the 2 weeks that we've been here.
1 - Closing should have taken place on Tuesday, November 10. The moving company was scheduled to deliver our stuff to the new house the next day. So when did we end up actually closing? Monday the 16th!! Thankfully the previous owners allowed us to move in on Friday the 13th (yikes!!) because the moving folks were threatening to dump our stuff on the sidewalk (or take it all back to VA). There was waaaaaaay too much drama involved with the closing, and at times I was ready to just say forget it but all is well now and we all LOVE our new house.
2- How in the world do you fit everything that was in a 7500 sq. ft house into a much more reasonable 2500 sq ft place? Yeah...we have a lot to get rid of!
3 - WHYYYYYYYYYYYY do birds keep committing suicide by dive bombing my car while I'm driving? Okay, so maybe their wings are tired from the whole migration thing but come on already! I'm SICK of plucking feathers out of my grill already. I've had 4 birds kill themselves this way.
4 - Moving folks gave us the inventory list when they delivered everything. They had over 500 things ticketed. By my best guess, we have about 300 more boxes to unpack. Oh joy! Hey Becky - - got any plans this weekend?! ;-)
5 - Our internet connection has FINALLY been set up. Talk about going thru withdrawals?!
As we settle in, I am so grateful for this opportunity. My new job is challenging but so satisfying. Ilya LOVES his new house, his new yard and our neighborhood. Our dogs are in heaven in their new back yard. Norm & I are surviving working together and have I mentioned how much I love eating lunch with my husband every day?
Anyway, I'll post pictures of the new place soon and I have the adoption presentation ready to upload. So, now that we're here the blog will be updated more often. I hope there are still people out there checking in on us!!
Take care,
Kar
Monday, November 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
It's good to hear that you made it safely. Moving can't be much fun. Thankfully I haven't moved much and when I did it was only me I had to move. Congrats! Waiting to see pics.
Melissa
Your closing sounds like it was just awful! Glad to hear you're getting settled in and that you're liking it. Can't wait to see some photos!
Glad you all survived and happy in your new place Here's hoping for many more blessings coming your way!
Yay! Welcome to the South! Now, we'll get you whipped into shape with the language in no time... like from now on you don't say "be quiet", you say, "Shut your trap!" And of course, no more "you guys", it's "y'all" all the way! :)
I'm still checking in! Welcome to the south!
And to piggy back off Ondrea, if you are referring to multiple people it's "all y'all" NOT "y'alls".
Oh and from now on you drink Coke. Doesn't matter if it's Sprite, you still order Coke and then they ask you what kind and you say, "Sprite".
Oh and last thing, all tea is sweet down here. Just accept it. :)
Post a Comment