Thirty-something years ago today, in a hospital room in North Carolina and after a normal 9 month pregnancy, my parents met and held me in their arms for the very first time.
One year ago today, in an orphanage in Vidnoye, Russia, and after a nearly 13 year journey to parenthood, my husband and I met and held our son for the very first time.
Two distinctly different times, circumstances, locations and continents. Two first meetings, two children welcomed into the loving embrace of their parents for the very first time on March 17... A Very Happy St. Patrick's Day indeed!
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





13 comments:
Happy 1 year! It is crazy to think of how we have only known our boys for a year. It seem so much longer now that they are home. Also I'm glad to hear you just have a hernia. I know that must have been very scary. Happy St. Patricks Day and such a great to always remember 1st!
Happy birthday, and Metcha day!! Wow, what a wonderful day March 17th is!
Hope you are feeling better, and praying things go well with your upcoming surgery.
congrats!
Happy Birthday! Happy Metcha Day! Happy St. Patrick's Day!
His hair has grown in so much. What a wonderful memory.
Joy
Awwww, you made me cry. Happy birthday!
Happy birthday and Metcha Day to you all!
Happy Birthday and "Metcha Day." Hold on to your hats as the years go by. I still can't believe our babies are in their mid to late 20's. Praying for you during your surgery.
Hope you had a great birthday and Meetcha day! It's the "luck of the Irish" :)
Kim
Happy belated St. Paddy's Day, Birthday, and Metcha Day!
I was so glad to read that they figured out what was going on and it is only a Hernia (well, I shouldn't say Only, but I am so glad it is something that can be fixed). I will be praying that this time everything will be just fine with the surgery and anesthesia.- I know it will!
Take care and all the best!
Happy Metcha Day! Happy Birthday -you don't look a day older than you did last year!
Congrats on one year since meeting Ilya! We actually flew to Russia for trip #2 on March 17 so we are very nostalgic this week, too! :) So fun! Ilya looks great, and I hope he is doing well! I hope you are doing well too and am so glad you finally got an answer to what was going on!
OK so I'm three days late.....Can you see how much Ilya's grown in a year!?! What a beautiful family you have :) And happy upcoming birthday to him!
Post a Comment